Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love my Apple Watch...newest models do connect directly to cellular. @Neal will no doubt detail the safety features, but I love being able to customize the features with the “complications“ that I use daily. I use the Timer for cooking, can see the weather at a glance, make and receive phone calls, pay at the drugstore, grocery store, etc. when I’m using the Maps app on my iPhone, it taps my wrist to tell me when to turn...too many things to list here...just get one!

Apple Watch 5 will connect to the cel. service, wifi and cel phone as far as I know?

Yes, Apple Watch CAN be ordered with the Cell capability which will cost you for monthly service.

The advantage is that it will work INDEPENDENTLY of your iPhone. Me, always having my iPhone with me, I opt for the standard non-Cell models.

As for one of my favorite Apple video’s...you must watch this one...cute:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the Timer for cooking, can see the weather at a glance, make and receive phone calls, pay at the drugstore, grocery store, etc.
My venerable iPhone 6S will do that too...and, I don't have to spend $500-$1200 more to do it. What am I missing?

TJ

Last edited:
That’s it! You don’t know what you’re missing?

My venerable iPhone 6S will do that too...and, I don't have to spend $500-$1200 more to do it. What am I missing?

YJ

I’m boarding my flight west back to the RV in AZ but here are a few things:

- Get a watch with cellular, it’s worth $10/month if you forget your phone and find yourself not able to get into your coach as happened to a friend.

- If you fall the Apple Watch can call 911 and your emergency contacts you choose. RV’s are dangerous with running into slides or falling down the steep coach steps. All of us RVers are at an age where fall risk is high

- sudden medical emergency with the ease of calling for help as @Buly outlined.

- some neat stuff is the walkie talkie feature. We used this among friends at the balloon fiesta and also caravanning.

- heart monitor. It can tell you if it detects something. It may save you.

I’m sure there’s more. If you have an iPhone I think it’s a safety item and not a gimmick. I have had 3 without cellular. My latest (v4) has cellular for the reasons above.

I’m boarding my flight west back to the RV in AZ
Safe travels to you and that sweet little girl you are traveling with! Miss Elli is fast becoming a seasoned traveler in a variety of modes. Our very best to you both.

TJ & LadyDi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back