RV Model
Red 33 AA
RV Length
35 ft
TOW/TOAD
2017 Jeep Sahara
Fulltimer
No
Hi All? There is always questions about how long will your batteries last when boondocking. I was just BD for 5 days at the last gun show. I decided to test my batteries at night with a full charge and leave the bedroom fan running. The temps were 85 to 90 degrees in the daytime cooling off to about 65 degrees at night. I figured I would hit the sack early because these shows are always exhausting to setup and run. I would shut down and go to bed at 9:00 PM and get up at 7:00 a full 10 hrs.

So with my battery bank at full charge, usually a two hour run with my generator, Spyder showing about 12.9 to 13.0 I shut the jenny down. I would leave running, naturally the fridge, power to all 4 tv's the little red light on, the bedroom ceiling fan set on low, charging two cell phones, two Iphones, one laptop, one Credit card machine, one Veizon Jet Pack, and leaving my CPAC machine hooked up all night. When I got up in the morning I still had 12.2 showing on my spyder. Not bad for (4) 6 volt flooded cell batteries.

Whats also impressive is with my three solar panels, I could leave the coach and after 14 hrs of being away my battery bank is showing between 12.5 and 12.7 on the spyder display. Granted this is a bright sunny day.

I am putting this in the Tiffin section because that is what my coach is. So any RED 340 or 360 could ge the same results. The new Red's 33 AA for 2023 have 6 batteries instead of four for the house as standard equipment.

Just some food for thought....

HH

This is good news to me. Our recently acquired 2018 Tiffin 32sa gasser came with a residential fridge. My first time owning one. It has the optional upgraded 7000w generator and four 6v house batteries. No solar...yet. We have a upcoming boondocking weekend at a forest and trail cleanup event at a community park with no hookups. I think I should be ok with only a couple hours of generator time in the am and pm.

This is good news to me. Our recently acquired 2018 Tiffin 32sa gasser came with a residential fridge. My first time owning one. It has the optional upgraded 7000w generator and four 6v house batteries. No solar...yet. We have a upcoming boondocking weekend at a forest and trail cleanup event at a community park with no hookups. I think I should be ok with only a couple hours of generator time in the am and pm.
You should be fine no sweat. Just charge your batteries before you go to bed.
HH

You should be fine no sweat. Just charge your batteries before you go to bed.
HH
I agree you should be fine. Our rig has two resi fridges a small 1.7 cubic foot in the basement and a 23.5 cubic foot in the kitchen. We can go off grid and at night run all normal stuff and my CPAP through the night without issue (no AC running). Our fridges and inverter /converter draw 1 amp/hr. while running In the morning we run the generator to top off the batteries.

Latest resources

Back