RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2021 Willys
OK, so now since we're waiting for our yearly trip to begin, I've started to remedy some of my small peeves with the coach. One was the way the kitchen sink lip is cut for the "lid". We never used the cover and the cutout would gather grime that was hard to clean out. I filled the void with beige silicone so it's a nice 45 deg bevel now and the water doesn't stay there anymore. I also hated the way water spray/splash would tend to migrate beyond the faucet towards the back corner where we keep appliances. I had some Starboard left over from a boat renovation so I cut a short strip and siliconed it to the counter. Keeps the toaster and air fryer contained and the water from the area.
20210325_131848.jpg
20210325_131757.jpg

DW was looking over my shoulder and said she would like your suggestion applied to our coach. Looks like I'll be buying some beige silicone. Just hope I can make it look as good as yours.
Thanks and be safe.

I just used a flat scraper to run around the edge after first masking the top and sides. Just remember the first rule of caulking ... the more you mess with it, the worse it gets.

Thanks for the advice. Bought 2 tubes and DW wants to try it first. I believe she will do a better job than me. She is great at crafts and projects.

Latest resources

Back