Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Brain Farts..... Oh yeah that's what its for!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Headhunter

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Tiffin
RV Model
Red 33 AA
RV Length
35 ft
TOW/TOAD
2017 Jeep Sahara
Fulltimer
No
Well picked the coach up beginning of May from it's long winter nap. I am recovering from a knee replacement so things have been moving along slowly. Next week we will be boondocking for 4 or 5 days down in Valley Forge for the June Gun Show.

So DW and I were in the coach cleaning it up and getting ready when she asked please turn on the hot water so I can clean. I have a Truma instant hot water heater. Went outside turned the switch on, went inside, inside bedroom closet turn the dial to on, on the the yellow light comes on. I figure we are good to go. NOT... DW says hey still no hot water. What the heck, I check all the fuses, water flowing still no hot water. Brain fart one, gee how does this unit heat the water, yep its propane, is the propane turned on at the tank, of course not.

Same day Brain fart two. Coach is hooked up to 50 amp at the house. I needed to extend my bedroom slide on the driver side to look for something. Started her up let it run for a while and extended the slide. Shut her off and came back a couple of hrs later to lock up the coach. I started her up, came up to air no problem. I went back to pull in the slide nothing. No click, no motor running, no movement. Hmmmm now this is weird. So I am sitting in the drivers seat and hit the auto level for the jacks, nothing no noise no movement. Then it hit me, I am still hooked up to my 50 amp service, with the engine running. I shut off engine, unplugged, started her and puff everything worked as usual, slide had power and came in. I talked to somebody from Tiffin, you can deploy your slides hooked up and running your engine, but you can not bring them in if you are still hooked up to 50 amp power. I guess its a safety feature to keep you from driving away still hooked up. This was a new one on me.
HH

I believe that yellow light was signaling a problem from the get go. The red light on my Attwood switch only comes on when there is a problem.

I pulled out the smoker for the first time in months. Plugged it in and then it and I stared at each other for about 5 minutes while I tried to figure out what to do next.

lol, it's all good brother H! :)

LOL....@Jim I know what you mean. My DW just goes about her routine in the coach when we camp and says, this doesn't work, that doesn't work, you need to fix this, that, and the other thing.

Most of the time I remember how it works, operates, and functions. But sometimes it takes a while to sink in again. As my dear sister says, getting older is not for SISSIES....

HH

I’m glad to hear the crap happens to others. Sometimes it takes Andrea and I both to make one brain. 😜

Latest resources

Back