Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Tnedator

RVF Supporter
A few miles before getting the campground, I stopped at a light, and thought I smelled something. All my gauges, including tire monitor, were good. My wife was following behind me, as it was a short trip, so she brought the dogs in the Wagoneer rather than hook up the jeep in the rain. I asked her if she saw anything, and she didn't. Figured it must have been coming from another car.

Got to the RV park and my brother in law was there and came over to my spot and started giving me some directions as I backed in, and then I see him going to each of my wheels and touching them. Anyway, turns out my left main axle brake must be dragging for some reason, as there was both a STRONG brake smell from that one, plus the wheel was warmer than the rest. I checked the tire monitor and it was 118, about 10 degrees higher than the others, but then proceeded to go up to about 140, I guess when we were moving airflow was keeping it a bit cooler, but temp shot up once stopped.

Coachnet is trying to locate a diesel mechanic to come out and take a look.

Happened twice on an old Audi and once on a Taurus. Pointed it out on a colleagues car once also.

Latest resources

Back