RV Year
RV Make
Coachmen
RV Model
Clipper 17BH
Fulltimer
No
Howdy,

My husband and I went out this past weekend with our 2018 Coachmen Clipper 17BH. We purchased it private sale in March and this was our second trip out with it. It stays parked in our backyard when not in use.

Upon arrival and set up in the forest, we clicked our water pump switch on and noticed issues. We discovered that the mounting bracket for the water pump had snapped and the pump was just hanging out and the water lines were leaking in multiple spots. We rigged the water pump back into place with bungee cords and used JB weld to decrease the amount of water leakage for the weekend. The water pump worked fine with some minor leakage out of the hoses for the duration of our trip.

Our trip home was 4.5 hours and once we got back home and tried to dump, the water pump was not functioning correctly. It makes noise like it wants to work, but it’s not getting the water to the faucet or the toilet. It just continues to vibrate and doesn’t stop. It had shifted some during transit and is slightly crooked again and I am unsure if it’s broken or just “out of place” and would be fine with a differently rigged bracket system?

The water pump is a Flow Max DS-01230-M2. I called Lippert today to see about getting a replacement bracket and their only solution was for me to replace the entire pump.

So long story long here, we have to get this puppy up and running again because we have a deer hunt in a few weeks and will be using the trailer. Interested in thoughts on how to efficiently remount this pump/make sure it actually works? Does it make sense that it won’t fill properly because it’s slightly lopsided? We are going to replace all the leaking hose lines and fittings but I don’t really want to buy a new pump if I don’t need to, so how do I best determine if it’s still working?

Attachments

• IMG_9800.jpeg
    IMG_9800.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9796.jpeg
    IMG_9796.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9801.jpeg
    IMG_9801.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9804.jpeg
    IMG_9804.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9798.jpeg
    IMG_9798.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
Welcome to RVForums.com - I'm sorry to hear of the troubles but you'll get things fixed up and enjoying it soon. Water pumps are pretty basic, you can get something like the one below as I prefer the REMCO brand personally.

Make sure there is enough water in the tank! Make sure the suction side of the pump has no leaks! Fix the leaks before the can damage something!

How the pump is suspended is not relevant!! Excessive Vibration can cause things to leak, but only a Long-Term issue.

Air in the pressure line can keep the pump from obtaining shut-off pressure so purge the line.

Latest resources

Back