• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Hot water heater

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
THe flow restrictor on the faucet is causing the heater to not sense demand.

You will either need to remove the flow restrictor, adjust the demand sensitivity, or keep on tricking the demand by pulling more than needed.

I vote for removing flow restriction.

Flow restrictors are usually in the faucet. You would have to know the model of faucet used to look up diagrams.

Also look up the model of your water heater and others might be able to help with adjusting the demand sensitivity.

You have a Girard GSWH-2 heater. Reading other reviews, there is a lot of discussion about low pressure and flow causing this not to work properly.

For the shower, don't mix cold with hot water. Run it full hot and see if there is enough demand to trigger it. If not, you need to change your head to one that allows at least 2.5GPM of flow.

You can also try upping your pressure, as it needs a minimum of 8PSI according to specs.

Just want to give a shout out too the flying Redbaron! Got everything working as it was the flow rate from the city water hookup. Very sensitive I might add to water pressure. Didn’t know this, but you got me thinking hard on flow rate. Had some storms rip through here lately, and I mean rip. Perhaps that had something to do with it, or other campers using water hard.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back