Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

BUCKET LIST - If this was your LAST trip....

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
With that off my chest, I’d like to go to South Dakota, Wyoming, and Montana in the next year or so. I need to see Devils Tower because aliens.

I love heading west just to get away from the smothering traffic that is the east coast.
We stopped at Devil's Tower last summer. Pretty impressive rock monolith, but it really doesn't take long to see it. ;)

C52747CF-1DF1-4549-848B-DFD1BA3778AE.jpeg

00515588-F526-4774-979C-9B0A079A252F.jpeg

TJ

Looking forward to driving my jeep out there as opposed to my pickup truck we have driven the past 8 years.
WAIT! What? You drove your truck? Was that from the WY side because LAWD you are seriously badass. I thought you could only take an ATV or Jeep. That was a wild ride...I know, I got the t-shirt..literally. LOL (Excuse the lint)
IMG_1349.jpeg
IMG_1350.jpeg

Last edited:
I need to see Devils Tower because aliens.
I went there after the NKK Rally in Gillette, WY and stayed for about 4 days I think. Did the inner and outer loop hikes, day trips to Deadwood... Watched a woman scaling parts of the tower, as part of a class. If you ever have a chance to stay at the KOA there on 4th of July, let me tell you...the firefighters put on one of the most amazing fireworks show I've ever seen. Recline your chair and look straight up!!!

We love the vistas in Utah. Bryce Canyon is my favorite. Ruby’s campground right outside the entrance has put in large pull-throughs in the new back section. One area not to miss is Monument Valley. You can stay on the reservation at Gouldings. It is not fancy, but you are right in the red rocks. Take a late afternoon Navajo tour that includes the sacred area. As the sun starts to dip, the majestic scenery becomes majical. The Escalante area is not as traveled, but gorgeous. Take your toad on the Burr Trail out of Boulder, no motorhome. Beautiful! Read the guide on the area. There us an unmarked slot canyon worth exploring. In better times, I would recommend a wonderful meal at Hell‘s Backbone Grill in Boulder.
In all of our travels, the most beautiful scenery has been the Icefields Parkway between Banff and Jasper.
Judy D
Thank you, thank you. Writing it all down!!!?

@ARD so when will your book be available on Amazon?

Thank you, thank you. Writing it all down!!!?
To add to what Judy said,
So many wonders:
From Jasper to Whistler, then take a seaplane from Green Lake right in Whistler and cruise above the glaciers (or hike the glaciers).
Head to Vancouver, pop the Rv on the ferry at Horseshoe Bay and head to Nanaimo on Vancouver Island (about an hour and $300+ one way). Beautiful crossing. Cruise across the island to Tofino a cool little town on the Pacific side. Back down the island to Victoria a must see town where you can stay right on the harbor at Salish Seaside Rv.
Back on the ferry to Port Angeles Washington and head to Port Townsend for a stay at Point Hudson right on Puget Sound.
Head west to the Olympic Peninsula and Natural Forest and hike your a.. off.
Or southeast to that tiny little berg of Seattle if you so choose.
If you chose Olympic then south where you cross the mouth of the mighty Columbia to Astoria Oregon.
The entire Oregon Coast fun and beautiful.
Northern California where the Ancient redwood trees are not to be missed and again, hike your a.. off. Stay at Ancient Redwoods Rv in Redcrest.
Head south towards Healdsburg in the Russian River Wine Country (better than Napa in our opinion) and taste, taste, taste. Might take months to get through all the wineries.....oh well.

To add to what Judy said,
So many wonders:
From Jasper to Whistler, then take a seaplane from Green Lake right in Whistler and cruise above the glaciers (or hike the glaciers).
Head to Vancouver, pop the Rv on the ferry at Horseshoe Bay and head to Nanaimo on Vancouver Island (about an hour and $300+ one way). Beautiful crossing. Cruise across the island to Tofino a cool little town on the Pacific side. Back down the island to Victoria a must see town where you can stay right on the harbor at Salish Seaside Rv.
Back on the ferry to Port Angeles Washington and head to Port Townsend for a stay at Point Hudson right on Puget Sound.
Head west to the Olympic Peninsula and Natural Forest and hike your a.. off.
Or southeast to that tiny little berg of Seattle if you so choose.
If you chose Olympic then south where you cross the mouth of the mighty Columbia to Astoria Oregon.
The entire Oregon Coast fun and beautiful.
Northern California where the Ancient redwood trees are not to be missed and again, hike your a.. off. Stay at Ancient Redwoods Rv in Redcrest.
Head south towards Healdsburg in the Russian River Wine Country (better than Napa in our opinion) and taste, taste, taste. Might take months to get through all the wineries.....oh well.
THANK YOU! I can barely sit still in my seat ...want to get moving. Last summer I did Anacortes, Olympic Peninsula, Astoria and all along the Oregon coast (did 4th of July week in Newport) to Crater Lake, then Bend. Oh and the Columbia Gorge area where I had some big Oh sheeeeit moments. My Garmin and I were not on speaking terms in Oregon....all the tunnels and bridges. It would plot my course and as I was heading toward a tunnel, the Garmin would flash a "!." Let's just say we had words!! It was beautiful. Now I need to do it again and stay longer at each place and add the things you added because I would LOVE it! I loved the Olympic Peninsula and definitely want to return. Where did ya'll stay if you don't mind me asking? Can you even believe I didn't even do any wine tasting there? Don't get me wrong, I drank plenty of wine, but I didn't go to any wineries. Need to do a redo ASAP! Thank you so much for taking the time to share. ?

Last edited:
Well, here are a few.

Vancouver Island, BC (very expensive ferry trip though)
Olympic National Park and Northwest Washington coast
Oregon Coast, especially the Newport area
Crater Lake National Park
Redwoods National & State Parks
Northern California Coast
Yosemite National Park
Lake Tahoe (California/Nevada)
San Antonio, TX and the Alamo
Santa Fe, NM
Zion National Park
Yellowstone National Park
Buffalo Bill Center of the West museums and Cody, WY
Glacier National Park
National Bison Range (Montana)

And, I would be remiss if I didn't mention Polson Motorcoach Resort, Polson, MT. ;)

TJ
I'm going to be forever traveling. Thanks for sharing...there are a few things on your list that I did on my Harley before I sold it ?. I will need to experience some of them in the Beastie.

@redbaron ... now you have me reminiscing. 8 years of going up there. Just wow! That experience was my number one experience since I've been on the road. Thought I would just
share a teeny bit of the magic with the group. And if anyone else feels moved to share some magic via a little photo sharing, let this thread continue to evolve. Sometimes words are just overrated and maybe that will be a little less work @NWIP ?

DSCN1094.jpeg

60D7D2B1-A5BA-40FF-AB34-9BC80962A013.jpeg
AC969556-B537-446C-BB3B-0AB3EBFEAFD5.jpeg
0EA228B0-170B-4BC3-8273-048D0E3D9514.jpeg
FA89432D-2500-47AF-A80D-47482F7264ED.jpeg
Monument Valley, Navajo tribal Land, Arizona/Utah

Latest resources

Back