Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

BUCKET LIST - If this was your LAST trip....

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We are scheduled in on 8/31 I believe in space 167 right next to @TJ&LadyDi. @Neal , why don’t you get 165 so we can shoot water balloons at each other over Tj’s site. We also usually party until about 2am most nights???(or until I fall asleep usually around 9)

?‍♂️ - thread off topic. Citations being issued. Cite yourself as I'm busy ordering stuff.

I can attest to his accuracy. PULL!

Adding another event that was a bucket list item that I did:

Oshkosh EAA AirVenture Airshow.

When we go to Pryor mountain, we have stayed at Sage creek campground. One year we ventured out on the BLM lands pryor to reaching Sage Creek, and found some very good camping. At night it is very dark, it makes the stars so brilliant. This has been one of the major draws for us each year, usually spending 3 nights boon docking. This is a picture of our 2013 DSDP on the BLM lands.
View attachment 2036
View attachment 2038
View attachment 2039
View attachment 2040
There are several routes to leave pryor mountains and head back to I25. The route we take is a very steep and windy road. The first time I took this road was in 2012 with my 40FT Discovery with the ISB, towing my 3/4 Ton Crew Cab diesel pickup. The discovery couldn't take it, and we ended up having to disconnect and drive it separately.

This road is the reason I purchased the dutch star. I was so embarrassed sitting on the side letting the engine cool down.

When we did this same road in 2013 with our Dutchstar, it handled it with no problems.

This sign is at the end of the road. The direction I was going was a climb the entire way. We have also done this in reverse, and it is much faster :)

View attachment 2037
Nope! Just nope! I thought I was brave. Turns out I'm only brave when I'm ignorant. Holy smokes. I think I'll keep the coach at the KOA in Greybull, drive to Lovell and take another tour. That is quite the ride. I would do it though, but I would have to follow ya'll in. It is truly beautiful though. I would love to experience being all alone under the night sky filled with stars. Oh who knows. Maybe there is enough tequila.

The roads from the west aren't bad at all. If you are coming from Cody or Billings, it is an easy drive to get to the BLM lands with the RV. Once you exit the pavement, just take it very slow. You may even want to just park the RV just off the road, detach, and drive in to find your spot.

Leaving Lovell, I would avoid ALT-14 unless you want to enjoy my special hill :) Instead, head west again on Alt 14, and then take 310 to the south. This is right by the museum. It will meet up with 14, and that road is a much lower elevation, much easier road to handle.

Both 14 and Alt-14 meet up at the Burgess Junction, and you keep going east to hit I90, and then south to I25.

A word of warning - DO NOT do this road at night. You will miss too much scenery.

Latest resources

Back