• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a small RV park, Part 3

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Wow. That’s going to be a pretty spot. Wishing you a successful business.

Jim if you decide to add EV charging amenities let me know and I’ll add you to the EV RV camping resource sites and APP.

Keep the pictures coming. Looks great. Hope we get to visit someday.

John.

Still following your progress, and also looking forward to the next pictures. We are back in the Carolinas probably getting the same rain.
Still raining on the mountain and the fog/clouds are making it impossible to see out. But maybe next week things will clear up. It's always difficult this time of year as Winter can't seem to move out and Springs can't make up its mind to settle in.

Anyhow, today I ran across this awesome tiny home and I'm seriously considering putting up one or two of them instead of RV sites. May even put an RV lot beside it so that I can rent them individually or as a combined rental. That would be great for those visitors that have friends that want to come along, but they don't all want to stay in the RV together.

Absolutely-Fabulous-Tiny-House-Design-Idea-15-1024x576.jpg

What could be cooler than to build the extended glass room out over the side of the mountain? The view would be outstanding and the rental possibilities have to be at least as good (probably better) than renting out an RV pad.

For anyone interested, here is the link to the site where I found the tiny house.

Still raining on the mountain and the fog/clouds are making it impossible to see out. But maybe next week things will clear up. It's always difficult this time of year as Winter can't seem to move out and Springs can't make up its mind to settle in.

Anyhow, today I ran across this awesome tiny home and I'm seriously considering putting up one or two of them instead of RV sites. May even put an RV lot beside it so that I can rent them individually or as a combined rental. That would be great for those visitors that have friends that want to come along, but they don't all want to stay in the RV together.

Absolutely-Fabulous-Tiny-House-Design-Idea-15-1024x576.jpg

What could be cooler than to build the extended glass room out over the side of the mountain? The view would be outstanding and the rental possibilities have to be at least as good (probably better) than renting out an RV pad.

For anyone interested, here is the link to the site where I found the tiny house.

Jim it's great that you're always thinking big ,and practical.

Jim it's great that you're always thinking big ,and practical.
I absolutely love the tiny home (with huge glass view) idea! So much so that I'm meeting with a fellow tomorrow (yes, on Easter Sunday!), to look as some that he has for sale.

I'm not necessary a "tiny home fanatic", but the proper one, on the proper site, with the proper view, is advantageous to all parties involved.

I realize if I were the park owner my thoughts would be much different. That said, being a serious rver, every site that is used for permanent housing takes a spot away from the rv community. JMHO.

I realize if I were the park owner my thoughts would be much different. That said, being a serious rver, every site that is used for permanent housing takes a spot away from the rv community. JMHO.
I understand, but this isn't permanent housing. This is an extension of the RV life where you can enjoy the lifestyle with friends who don't have the freedom and joy of having an RV.

In my vision, it's a multi purpose site, with a Tiny home on one side and an RV site on the other. Think of it as a place to take your RV and enjoy the views, or if you don't have an RV, you can drive your car up and stay in the tiny home, or if you have an RV and your friends don't, it's a place to where you can park your RV and your non-rv friends can stay next door to you in the tiny home. Or lastly, if your desire is to use your MH and the tiny home both, you can park next door and make them both your home on the mountain for the time that you are here.

It's an all inclusive place that fits the needs of just about everyone. And believe me, the views and the temps are awesome up there !

I understand, but this isn't permanent housing. This is an extension of the RV life where you can enjoy the lifestyle with friends who don't have the freedom and joy of having an RV.

In my vision, it's a multi purpose site, with a Tiny home on one side and an RV site on the other. Think of it as a place to take your RV and enjoy the views, or if you don't have an RV, you can drive your car up and stay in the tiny home, or if you have an RV and your friends don't, it's a place to where you can park your RV and your non-rv friends can stay next door to you in the tiny home. Or lastly, if your desire is to use your MH and the tiny home both, you can park next door and make them both your home on the mountain for the time that you are here.

It's an all inclusive place that fits the needs of just about everyone. And believe me, the views and the temps are awesome up there !
Again, not being the park owner, I tend to lean on the rv owner looking for a site side. 😊. Fighting for a space during peak season is certainly not fun for rvers. I also feel that those that rent homes are a totally different group than those that are engaging in the rv lifestyle. If you have an rv park then it should be an RV PARK, not an rv park/motel. Am I totally off base here?

Last edited:
Jim said that the new sites are reached by a road that is probably not suitable for an RV. So I guess you'll have to ignore the new sites.

To be honest, I never expected to do more than the original eight sites. But obviously that has changed, and it looks like we'll have a minimum of 15 sites, and maybe up to 20 or more.

Although I retired 11 years ago, I'm not the kind of person to sit back and do nothing. Hence, I'm always looking for interesting things to do. Building an average RV park would be easy, but not stimulating. But building an RV park that is on top of a mountain, and setting up the sites to provide each RV with the optimum long range views, that is truly challenging. :)

The road going up this mountain will have to be 30' wide to accommodate traffic that moves both directions. And once at the top, we need to providing the driver of a 45' Class A or lengthy 5th wheel, with enough thought-out space to navigate and park comfortably.

It's fun, challenging, and when it all comes together, rewarding. If somebody gives us a 5-star review and says, "OMG, we drove up the side of a mountain, parked at the top, and we could see for miles!" Well, that will make it all worth while!

And at the end of the day, hopefully we can make a little money to pay for Ryker's frisbee addiction. :)

View attachment 17572
Oh my that is a gorgeous pup! And Kudos to you for all your thoughtful planning - you're doing great.

Latest resources

Back