• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Building a small RV park, Part 3

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I also feel that those that rent homes are a totally different group than those that are engaging in the rv lifestyle. If you have an rv park then it should be an RV PARK, not an rv park/motel. Am I totally off base here?
Try to look at this for the unique offering that it is. Where else can you take your Dutch Star and have the benefits of a casita at the same time? This perk is usually reserved for someone who owns an expensive lot in a high end resort. I'm just making it a reality for those who don't have the resources to buy into such a place.

From a business perspective, it makes good sense. I don't know the future of the RV park industry, but if the bottom falls out of it, I'd like to have the fallback position of being able to serve multiple interests.

On an also important note, the Winter temps out here are not appealing to most campers, so 6-months out of the year the park remain empty. Having a few casitas on the mountain changes that!

Rained for the last couple of days, so I haven't gone up to the top for pictures. But here are a couple taken this AM from my deck. It's the same mountain that the new sites will be looking at, so the view should be pretty much the same from there as it is from my house.

It's so much nicer when the trees have their leaves, but it's still pretty nice even now.

DSCN0974.JPG

DSCN0976.JPG

Same view with leaves. Could you camp here? It would be tough, right? :)

DSC00054.JPG

Rained for the last couple of days, so I haven't gone up to the top for pictures. But here are a couple taken this AM from my deck. It's the same mountain that the new sites will be looking at, so the view should be pretty much the same from there as it is from my house.

It's so much nicer when the trees have their leaves, but it's still pretty nice even now.

View attachment 17905
Nice

Still no leaves on the trees, so get a green marker and put a bunch of dots on the screen. :) Anyhow, lots of progress over the last week or so. If I were following the typical model, there is enough room up here for 10 or more sites. I'm putting in 4. Each site will have beautiful long range views and I've positioned the sites to where they are visible to their neighbors, but not offensively so.

We should start seeing some greenery pretty soon, and then these sites will really "POP". :)

DSCN0988.JPG
DSCN0987.JPG

DSCN0990.JPG

DSCN0998.JPG

DSCN0999.JPG

DSCN1003.JPG
DSCN1001.JPG

DSCN1004.JPG

DSCN1005.JPG

DSCN1008.JPG

You da man, Jim.

Me like Jim’s toys. How about a big equipment playpen to dig holes and move dirt while you are at it for a fee. I know @Neal would be there often. Drone park and a big equipment playpen what else could one want?

dog drone GIF by Product Hunt

I remember when growing up going to camp for the summer and enjoying camp activities such as canoeing, archery, etc. Would be fun to have some outdoor recreation at Camp Jim.

Latest resources

Back