Welcome to RVForums.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Bumped in SF

Welcome to our community

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Sleepless exSF

RVF Newbee
Joined
Oct 6, 2026
Messages
1
Hello - I'm reaching out to the owner of the Airstream trailer I bumped recently in horrendous San Francisco traffic. It was a light tap but there it was. I looked at the contact area as things got rolling again and did not see any damage but you may have got something on the order of a supermarket parking lot ding, hopefully no more. Due to traffic, stopping to exchange info was not feasible at the time. Also, I was driving my 94-year-old mother and an aunt to my nephew's wedding, which was going as well as one might imagine.

I can appreciate the pride of ownership Airstreamers must have. We had been admiring your trailer as traffic inched along before the incident. My Mom and Dad had an Airstream years ago, which they kept parked at a campground in a fishing village on Vancouver island, where they enjoyed the better part of many summers.

I do want to make this right by you, and I hope you somehow see this post. I tried to signal to you that your rig looked ok. But when I was able to get a look at my vehicle I did incur some very minor damage, so I'm hoping yours is limited to a parking lot ding. If there are repairs needed I will of course cover the expense.

I will monitor this space for a response from you. Other community members, please rest assured that I've been beating myself up over this and don't need any inputs from the peanut gallery. My apologies for any distress or inconvenience this may have caused you, the owner. If you reply I will find a way to get contact info to you.

Safer travels and enjoy your rig.
 

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back
Top Bottom