Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
It's time for me cut the cord with the office as I've been working from home since returning from my long winter RV trip and obviously I'm spending a good chunk of the year in the RV where I work as well. For those of you that work from your RV what are you using for a business line? I'm looking at options such as Ring Central, etc. Looking for suggestions on what you are using and recommend or have heard is good.

Are you looking for a collaboration solution for your business so that you can talk to colleagues and employees, or would this be a customer facing business line?

Are you looking for a collaboration solution for your business so that you can talk to colleagues and employees, or would this be a customer facing business line?

Customer facing only, or other businesses. I really don't offer phone sales/support but I need a business line for the business. Mostly we work through our help desk portal.

My DW has ring central for her company of 5 people. ...Its pretty nice with three features she likes 1) self serve greetings and extensions with VM boxes. 2) alerts for VM when you are out of office and 3)incoming fax into a PDF that goes to your email. How big your company is and how many employees will drive your choices.
It is not cheap though. There are other providers out there as well.

Thanks @sheridany Ring Central is what I've been looking hard at moving to. I've learned it's far cheaper than landlines which are heavily taxed.

One other thing which is minor probably in your business depending on your connectivity. When the internet provider goes down (cable), those VOIP phones are useless. Calls will still flow through to VM. However, you can call forward to your cell phone as a failover I believe.

I'm doing the Ring Central trial now and am very impressed!

Pulled the trigger on RingCentral, going to do what I need and I'm really happy to pull the plug on Verizon. Always liberating to do one less bit of business with Verizon!

I signed up for the "Standard" plan and found out that inbound caller ID is not included in this plan, you need the premium plan. Naturally I was furious as this is not disclosed on their web site unless you search for it and find it in a support article. It's not on their plans page, it's assumed caller ID (inbound) is included these days, I think! So I upgraded, it's still cheaper than the land lines with all the crazy taxes involved that I've been paying with Verizon FIOS for years. Just putting this out there in case any other RVer goes down the same path as me and you need to be careful of the features and then how hard it is to actually get sales rep help from Ring Central. This has been a 24 hour battle. The service so far seems good, still seeing if the one call and hang ups are softphone issues / RingCentral issues or if this is just a spammer.

I’ve been using RingCentral for about 7 years. Have not had any service issues, but I’m not a heavy user on a daily basis. It just works when I need it to.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back