Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Snap-on Man

RVF Regular
When you are purchasing diesel fuel do you used the truck stop pumps? I have tried this a few times due to having more room to get around. But only to find the fuel nozzle is to big to go in my 2000 F35 Ford. Are you seeing this as you travel? I’m wanting to get a fuel discount card but most say you need to use the truck pumps to qualify.

Yes truck stops have the high flow nozzles and the TSD card does require using the truck lanes. Flying J and Pilot stations do have a discount program thru Good Sam that is available at the auto/RV pumps. I think it is only .08 a gallon on diesel and generally they have the highest price to start with.

Yes truck stops have the high flow nozzles and the TSD card does require using the truck lanes. Flying J and Pilot stations do have a discount program thru Good Sam that is available at the auto/RV pumps. I think it is only .08 a gallon on diesel and generally they have the highest price to start with.

But do they all have the hi-flo nozzles? Won’t fit in my F 350.

I have heard, but not verified that the last pump on the outside right USUALLY has a smaller nozzle. Since there isn't a satellite nozzle for the big trucks, they normally don't use that one. Anyone actually see that?

I have seen some truck stops with a lane or two marked "RV" that have the smaller diesel nozzles. Don't know about the "outside right" lanes, however.

TJ

Most Flying J's have a separate area for RV's to fuel up with diesel or gas. Fortunately my 2010 F250 Diesel can accept the high flow nozzles so I can use the truck lanes too.

When you are purchasing diesel fuel do you used the truck stop pumps? I have tried this a few times due to having more room to get around. But only to find the fuel nozzle is to big to go in my 2000 F35 Ford. Are you seeing this as you travel? I’m wanting to get a fuel discount card but most say you need to use the truck pumps to qualify.
I'm wondering if the fuel filler neck could be changed out to one that would accept the larger nozzle? Just a thought.

TJ

I have seen some truck stops with a lane or two marked "RV" that have the smaller diesel nozzles.

TJ
The RV lanes don't do much good for any of us that use the TSD card, but yes, they do have the RV lanes with smaller nozzles.

The RV lanes don't do much good for any of us that use the TSD card, but yes, they do have the RV lanes with smaller nozzles.
No...not so! The "RV lanes" I was referring to are on the truck side. The pumps there will accept the TSD card.

TJ

No...not so! The "RV lanes" I was referring to are on the truck side. The pumps there will accept the TSD card.

TJ
HM. Seems to me that there were separate pumps in the stops I made. I was told that the card wasn't good at any of them except the truck islands, but I'll take your word for it.

Latest resources

Back