• Commercial/Vendors welcome

California ban on gas engines <25hp

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Recently we camped next to a family that towed a "Cricket" with a Tesla. The "Cricket" was light enough to fall into the towing capacity of the Tesla for safety guidelines, but in terms of energy usage, the Tesla struggled. In a 150 mile leg, the Tesla had to stop for a 2 hour charge...twice. Even though the proponents would call this a "trade off", I call this severe inconvenience. If it works (with electric), then great. If it doesn't, then "fill 'er up with fuel and "get 'er done". Blowing off a patio or RV pad with an electric blower is sound...our church parking lot...not so much.

The idea of electric for use of power has its place. When the technology improves, government will not need to mandate usage as consumers will want it and seek it.

Free markets work. Imagine a gas powered drill for use around the house? It wasn't that long ago that you could only dream of a cordless drill with plenty of torque. Now they are common place and preferred. Why? Because they work well.

The same will be true with cars and vehicles one day. Look at @turbopilot and his F150...that is something to desire. Form and function. No one needs to mandate it. I would jump on a comparable power setup to my Ram 3500 DRW. One day that dream will become reality.

Latest resources

Back