• Commercial/Vendors welcome

California ban on gas engines <25hp

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
After reading the law again, and reading many of the responses to the law, I do not think this is about carb, but rather about headlines and attention. There is no enforcement provisions. It will hurt local business retail sales, but I do not see how the average RV will care.

The rvs most affected are the rental class c. Most of these are rented outside of the state of California and driven in. I doubt that anyone is going to suffer the heat and turn off the generator once they cross the border.

It's just noise.
We reside in California and are looking to get out. This state is poorly run, corrupt, and people's livelihoods and quality of life are at stake. There really is a mass exodus and it is no wonder!!!

It would be better if those that didn't agree with the laws became proactive and changed the narrative.

California is like all states. It has more good qualities than bad. It has more good people than bad. It has more resources and natural beauty than some states.

It is a prime example of the few leading the many.

California is a normal summer stop for us, and we have lots of family in the state from Loma Linda to Northern California.

As an RV community, we need to protect our rights and freedoms to visit this wonderful state and leave our tourism dollars behind.

We reside in California and are looking to get out. This state is poorly run, corrupt, and people's livelihoods and quality of life are at stake. There really is a mass exodus and it is no wonder!!!
My heart goes out to you. I can't imagine living there. Oregon is bad enough. I'll be leaving soon as this is the new California. Hey, I like it! New California. They can have the west side when Idaho gets the east.

When the youngsters try and make the argument that cattle flatulates are more destructive than automobile emissions, I make them an offer. I say "...tell you what, I'll stay in my closed garage with my steer all night and you stay in your closed garage with your running car, and let's talk about it in the morning..." That visual always seems to awaken them a little. ? Great comments everyone, but I think the comment that this is all about appearance rather than substance is correct. With Newsome it's all about image. California will sink underwater, get split in half by an earthquake, burn up, or finally go republican before I push an electric lawn mower. Of course I can hardly afford to water my lawn, so maybe I won't have to worry about it anyway...hmmm...it's a crazy world! On a side note...already starting to see more RV's for sale. I think many didn't "take" to the sport!

I have a few battery powered yard tools. They are not as strong as the gas equivalent.

Those comments were true of the "first generation" lithium-battery powered tools that I purchased ~6 years ago. However, the newer generation of tools such as my 21-inch self-propelled mower or my edger and weedwacker are every bit as powerful as any gasoline-powered tools I have ever used. Sure, the mower only runs for a half hour of heavy work, but popping in a new battery takes only a few seconds. The company whose products I purchased, EGO, is making a big push to get a towhold into the professional yard maintenance market. They even make a zero-turn mower!

Gas engines are music to my ears but the whine of electrics are just annoying . Used to have neighbors with electric trimers and blowers. I could get my work done in less that half the time. Then I would have to listen to them. Happy to report I have no neighbors within earshot now. I'm truly a happy camper:D

Those comments were true of the "first generation" lithium-battery powered tools that I purchased ~6 years ago. However, the newer generation of tools such as my 21-inch self-propelled mower or my edger and weedwacker are every bit as powerful as any gasoline-powered tools I have ever used. Sure, the mower only runs for a half hour of heavy work, but popping in a new battery takes only a few seconds. The company whose products I purchased, EGO, is making a big push to get a towhold into the professional yard maintenance market. They even make a zero-turn mower!
So how many batteries would I need to mow 12 acres? That really doesn't matter, as I would use my diesel zero turn for mowing. But how about weedeating 3500 ft of fence lines and 4 acres trees, not to mention the 1400 foot of flat work, and the blowing the stuff around? How many batteries would this take to be able to do this job twice a week?

So how many batteries would I need to mow 12 acres? That really doesn't matter, as I would use my diesel zero turn for mowing. But how about weedeating 3500 ft of fence lines and 4 acres trees, not to mention the 1400 foot of flat work, and the blowing the stuff around? How many batteries would this take to be able to do this job twice a week?

Here's the kind of battery pack they're advertising for professional use. POWER+ Commercial Backpack Battery

That 28 A-hr battery is nearly 4 times the capacity of the 7.5 A-hr one that powers my mower.

And what happens to the batteries when they wear out from charge cycles? Land fill? Or if they do get recycled, How much fossil fuels are used in doing so?

Interesting...I see this is only 600cfm. The one I use is 912cfm. Prior to upgrading we used 500cfn, and found them sub par. For small suburban yards or rv pad sites electric should be plenty, but not for my parks, ranches, or homes.

Latest resources

Back