RV Model
Ventana 3407
RV Length
34'10"
TOW/TOAD
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Fulltimer
No
Just read in latest RV Travel Daily, CA is limiting or blocking travel into the State. This is going to become more commonplace as the vaccine is rolled out, if you cannot prove you have had it, you will be denied access to lots of things. This might be the 666 talked about in the bible. I suggest all take necessary steps and plan your trips accordingly. And I'm sure your on this opinion is appreciated, also suggest you look up the Yellow Fever outbreak in New Orleans in 1812, and how people flocked there for work.

Let's all keep each other posted on this site about any travel disruption expectations due to COVID. I have a feeling more places are going to require proof of a negative test to do stuff such as airline travel, etc. Do your research and be prepared.

Yes, we are probably going to see more restrictions in the near term, but the longer term outlook will brighten in the coming months with the vaccine rollout. We can all do this if we focus on supporting one another in positive ways. That's where RVF becomes a valuable resource for keeping our spirits up in a difficult time. Be safe all; we'll get through this together and come out stronger in the end.

TJ

The quote below is from Stansberry Research-NOTE: They are not experts on medicine, they are financial advisors. The fellow who prepared this has staff which are scientific experts, hence I am posting that portion of the data here. If I understand this correctly, vaccines are made up to now using a modified dead portion of the disease you are trying to protect against. George Washington, had live virus used on his troops for smallpox, and in New Orleans in 1812 they used live Yellow Fever to cause the disease if you survived you were immunize for life.

As I read about this, other companies are doing it the old fashioned way, dead virus, and one article said the 5th version of the vaccine may be the best. We are not taking the newest offering, why, simple. The number of participants is certainly not deep enough for any meaningful scientific data to be gained from it, 30K participants is nothing compared to the total number of test of positive, and although lots of people have had it, and not been tested, so think 10 times the reported number of actual cases. Herd immunity, is the best way to beat this thing, and mostly that is how we get through flu, although the flu vaccine is only about 45% effective based on CDC evidence.

Quote Here: "This time last week, we wrote about positive COVID-19 vaccine trial data from drug maker Pfizer (PFE)... Today, vaccine developer Moderna (MRNA) took its turn in the sun. The Boston-based biotech company said its vaccine candidate – an mRNA vaccine just like Pfizer's – was 94.5% effective in a recent Phase III trial, beating Pfizer's "better than 90%" number. In the 30,000-person trial, 15,000 participants were given a two-dose saline placebo. Among them, 90 developed COVID-19 over the course of the next several months – and 11 of those patients' cases turned severe."

Please also take into consideration both of these candidates (believed since approved for distribution) are an mRNA based solution, they target the core part of the virus and change it so it's not virulent, or makes it very weak. Now, not scientist here, but when they start messing with the RNA/DNA of something, I think the possibility of "all heck to pay" is a reasonable conclusion on months down the road some other horrible condition is released, grow horns, or compound existing condition, since long term, over 18 months data is not available. This was rushed too fast, so potential for catastrophic long term problems are possible. And although I am conspiracy believer, what else is in it so they know you have taken the shot's. Believe in both cases it's two of them month apart. The bible talks about 666 on your forehead, well ladies and gentlemen, here is your 666.

We aint taking it, and since I also think your ability to travel using any method may be constrained or severely limited if you don't we are 80% sure we are staying home, and not going to Florida this year. We have friends who we would love to see, but if we have had CV and did not get sick enough to warrant a test (very possible*) then we do not want to give it to them since they are much older than us. I will make decision on 15th for sure. Since RV is up for sale anyway, not sure I want to take chance and use it, and it's winterized and would have to do it again once we are back home.

*Went in to get flu shot month ago, talked to Nurse administering shot, she had CV-19, said it took week to clear, ache, fever, had trouble breathing two days, not terrible, weak, back to work after 7 days, feels fine. Herd immunity is what is going to help us beat this, and yes, if you are medically compromised, immune deficient, taking heart medicine, diabetic, or something else, then you have to weight the risks of the vaccines against your other issues, but, is the shot somehow going to make the underling condition worse? If it was me, I would just practice good hygiene, social distance, and wear masks, have other party do the store for food, etc. trips, that is what we do. Since BH's blood type lends itself to covid worse than mine. As a rule, we take extra Vitamin D3, Vitamin C, and she takes zinc. But, we could have been exposed and had light case, nothing to indicate we did. If CDC is correct, we have 1,118 cases known, but that needs to be expanded to 11,000 based on the 10% rule. Our county has about 25K folks in it, so we are close to halfway to total herd immunity here. We avoid restaurants, and I do all the outside traveling errands away from home. She stays home.

As aside, nationwide the reported cases are going up very fast daily, as people are "social folks" and hate being told to limit themselves, etc. I don't know total number, as if I get it, oh well, if I die, going to anyway, but for now healthy, no underlying conditions but 69 so there is that. Other caveat', try to stock up on any of the medicines you need to prolong life, as if this gets real bad, interstate transportation could be impacted, and those medicines may not be readily available, I keep 6 months on hand of the one thing I take, not for life condition.

Good Luck, safe travels, and plan accordingly any/all trips you take. See you down the road.

Please, folks, can we refrain from posting information that doesn't come directly from verified public health experts? Each of us will have to make an individual decision how we will respond to the pandemic. That decision needs to be personal and not be influenced by third-, fourth- or fifth-hand information posted on a forum. Whether you choose to be vaccinated or not is up to you. Let's leave that decision to each individual and their trusted doctor or medical staff.

TJ

Let's keep this thread on track for the use of TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS to help people make travel plans. Thank you for any and all contributions, let's just keep this thread on this topic as many are moving around for winter travel self included still planning my travels.

You will get a card when you get the Covid-19 vaccine shot. Getting past all the "benefit" platitudes, basically wallet sized card will be your Proof of vaccination.
These will be easy to obtain without the hassle of a medical procedure.

California is not blocking people from entering the state in cars or RVs or even in passenger jets and it never has done so. The state has closed campgrounds and beaches and there is currently a restriction on short term rentals of any kind anyone who is not a front line health working coming into the state to help in the hospitals and nursing homes.

It will be mid-summer of 2021 at the earliest that vaccines will be widely available. Currently the first people to get the vaccines have been the politicians who got us into this mess and they will be followed by hospital workers and patients in nursing homes (where most of the deaths are now occurring). With the millions of American families being evicted and forced into homeless shelters they will be the next people who should be a priority to get vaccinated but as they are poor they will be the very last as is the norm in the United States.

Latest resources

Back