Chassis
E450
Engine
7.3 gas
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford Ranger
Fulltimer
No
What are the best memberships to have and are they worth owning. We have had Good Sam and has been ok with a discount we receive when on vacation. Planning more trips and longer so another membership may be something to look for. Go!

Harvest Hosts

Don't join anything unless you intend to use something from their service. I have several I joined because I was a new and excited RVer. Now I'm tapering them off and I think the only thing I have is FMCA and Harvest Hosts. If they have a rally that interests you, join (if required). If Harvest Hosts will save you money (it will) and it gives you great locations off the beaten path, join. Escapees can be a great one IF you use their services and their meetups (convergences they call it). Again, find reason, if reason then join.

What Neal said. I have GS and KOA. Haven’t used KOA recently, but usually the savings from a one week stay more than pays for the membership.

KOA value card I have too and recommend it unless you don't like KOA's. It saves money and you also earn points and when you reach VIP status in points cancellations are free.

Don't join anything unless you intend to use something from their service. I have several I joined because I was a new and excited RVer. Now I'm tapering them off and I think the only thing I have is FMCA and Harvest Hosts. If they have a rally that interests you, join (if required). If Harvest Hosts will save you money (it will) and it gives you great locations off the beaten path, join. Escapees can be a great one IF you use their services and their meetups (convergences they call it). Again, find reason, if reason then join.
We did same - in the past we got a lot of good out of Passport America and KOA because of family that we visited in certain areas. The last long trip we made, we got good Sam and it paid for itself in that one trip. What we do now is buy discounts as needed, and only if we think we'll use it again. For example, we did stay at one KOA but we didn't buy the discount this year. We bought a state parks membershi, hoping to get some good use this winter. Yet to be seen.

Harvest Hosts, KOA, FMCA and Texas State Parks. We use 'em all.

And Escapee's. Almost forgot...that's our mail service!

We have/use Passport America and Thousand Trails.

Latest resources

Back