Campground Costs

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
What part of the west ?
We've boondocked at BLM locations in Wa, Or, Id, Ca, Nv, Az....... so many places in forests, mountains, on lakes, beside rivers, desert and pacific beaches. This past winter season, we camped from mid December through the end of April boondocking; not a dime spent at RV parks. Some BLM locations are free for two weeks, others require a $180 annual permit, but you can stay at one location for up to 7 months. A favorite long term location is Imperial Dam LTVA about a half hour north of Yuma. A favorite short term location is Roadrunner about 10 miles south of Quartzsite or Palm Canyon at KOFA about 15 miles south of Quartzsite, both off Hwy 95. This summer, we'll go to southern BC from our home base at Birch Bay Wa to a spot beside the Similkimeen river for August. Our only cost will be food & fuel!

It’s been a while since I’ve done much dispersed camping, but we used to routinely camp in spots on BLM or Forest Service land with no issues or payments involved. A lot of it was truck or tent camping. Some areas would have two week limits, but that information should be online.

We've boondocked at BLM locations in Wa, Or, Id, Ca, Nv, Az....... so many places in forests, mountains, on lakes, beside rivers, desert and pacific beaches. This past winter season, we camped from mid December through the end of April boondocking; not a dime spent at RV parks. Some BLM locations are free for two weeks, others require a $180 annual permit, but you can stay at one location for up to 7 months. A favorite long term location is Imperial Dam LTVA about a half hour north of Yuma. A favorite short term location is Roadrunner about 10 miles south of Quartzsite or Palm Canyon at KOFA about 15 miles south of Quartzsite, both off Hwy 95. This summer, we'll go to southern BC from our home base at Birch Bay Wa to a spot beside the Similkimeen river for August. Our only cost will be food & fuel!
Do I know you??? They have many choice names for me there at imperial dam. Tinker Kevin, Einstein, crazy hair, and a few others.

I like the sound of that $180.00 annually . And up to 7 months stay . I'M going to look onto that .

Latest resources

Back