Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rv1993

RVF Regular
Hi All, it's getting expensive and half don't take my older model now. Question is has anyone used the few sites where individuals rent their private land per night with no services? I can see the blm lands, any in particular close to services, not far off road and safe community with others? Thx for any input and happy camping 🏕.

Boondockers Welcome is an established source for sites like this, I think with a 5 day max, owned by Harvest Hosts now. So that’s a good reaource for what you’re talking about. They cant charge for space but can charge for hook-ups for those that have them. Many county and city parks are very inexpensive and don’t have age restrictions for your rig. Also COE and state parks are often a bargain and in nice locations.

Boondockers Welcome is an established source for sites like this, I think with a 5 day max, owned by Harvest Hosts now. So that’s a good reaource for what you’re talking about. They cant charge for space but can charge for hook-ups for those that have them. Many county and city parks are very inexpensive and don’t have age restrictions for your rig. Also COE and state parks are often a bargain and in nice locations.
Great, thx for that info.

You can join "CampersCard", which is a sister company of Harvest Hosts. I think it's $39 bucks and then you get discounted rates at all the participating campgrounds. I believe that today was their official "launch date".

Passport America pays for itself in like 3 days of camping. Usually a night of camping is $20 cash.

I'm around Salome, likely here for a while still, trying to be useful.

What part of the west ?
Spend some time on the USFS, and BLM WEB SITES to view your public lands. Spend some time looking at the rules, each area has some variations. Visit the forest service office in the area of choice and ask for their "road use maps "

Follow the "mandates ". keep the forest/desert cleaner than when you got there. Don't leave the fire burning when you leave it. Pack it out! Including the holding tanks, and we can all enjoy our land into the future.

Latest resources

Back