• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Campground Pet Peeves

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
So how do you combat this? Does everyone wipe down the table top with disinfecting wipes before using it? I bought some form fitting naugyhyde covers that cover the top and the seat tops from a guy in Clermont FL. They are heavy enough not to blow off and clean up easily before storing them away for travel.
RKins; I use to live in Clermont and still travel down to see my daughter. Pm me if you like.

Pet Peeve; assigned a spot needing the grass cut.

RKins; I use to live in Clermont and still travel down to see my daughter. Pm me if you like.

Pet Peeve; assigned a spot needing the grass cut.
Not to derail this thread, I go to Clermont to the Thousand Trails to visit my Sister and BIL who are full timing in and around Clermont during the winter. I also bought my coach from a guy in Clermont.

Another pet peeve of mine is people that don't manage their dogs - I was outside under my awning with my dog on a short cable tied to a stake by me and my new neighbor came out with his huge Shepard that saw my dog and ran over and pounced on my little 30 lbs dog. The dog was on an extend a leash but he never locked it. My dog is ok.

This thread varies from its intent of what we see at campgrounds to about campgrounds, reservations, etc. So I'll add one, it seems when visiting campgrounds I'm getting signed up for promotional emails from that campground. Not happy about it, yet another one to unsubscribe from.

What Gronk said.

People who don't flush after #2, and worse, don't wash their hands afterwards. Yuck!!

So how do you combat this? Does everyone wipe down the table top with disinfecting wipes before using it? I bought some form fitting naugyhyde covers that cover the top and the seat tops from a guy in Clermont FL. They are heavy enough not to blow off and clean up easily before storing them away for travel.

Yup! I do similar and wipe it off regularly with disinfectant wipes, as birds and insects leave deposits.

People who build smokey campfires and insist on using green/wet wood to keep them that way...especially at 1 am.

TJ
Mine is people that don't pick up after their dog.

...and apparently some DO pick up after their dog, but throw it in the firepit!! Sheesh. That way it stinks whether it’s burning or not, thank you!

Lake Powell was eye opening with dogs not picked up after and all the food in the fire pit. I think this is because during the winter the CG is not tended to, I know after checkout a lot of CG's they clean the fire pits as they seem to be common dumping grounds. People!

1) Those really smoky campfires. I know and understand the desire for them (DH started and had to tend a few in the beginning); we purchased a propane firepit (as recommended by numerous members) and love it.

2) Barking dogs. They all bark, I get it. Not all day though while the owner is out site-seeing and Doggy is in the RV wanting to get out. Barking, barking, barking. UGH.

3) Cigarette butts. In and around the CG. UGH.

I do all the trip planning for our adventures. My other half is an excellent driver, and can solve most coach issues. When planning a trip at home, I print out the reservation, and on two occasions I needed them because of their error. When on a long trip when I make more last minute reservations on our way home, I make sure I do not delite the confirmation from my phone. Judy D

Latest resources

Back