Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Camping World says I need to replace my entire roof?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Stupid question! How big is the bubble?

The backstory:

We have a 2014 Dutchmen Infinity fifth wheel. We purchased the unit used from Camping World in 2018. In 2019 we had the roof "bubbling" where basically there was a pocket that was catching air as we would drive down the road. The solution was to remove the air and re-adhere the membrane that was separating. I have limited knowledge of RV roofs, but apparently the layer above the "rubber roof" was what was bubbling.

Currently, we have a new "bubble" in the back of the rig. We have no leaks and the roof is solid to walk on, but this is the diagnosis from Camping World:

"the roof is unable to be repaired in the bubbling section due to the wood separating from the material. If we were to try and inject adhesive it would not hold the roof since there is adhesive already applied to the wood from the original install and it would not dry properly. The technicians' recommendation is to have the roof replaced which is roughly 48 hours of labor"​
Does anyone have some insight about this? Any questions I should ask the technician when I speak to him tomorrow?

Anyone with experience, does it sound like my roof needs to be replaced to you?
Pretty sure the OP was a "one and done" member here. He/she posted the question then the last time they were on here was the next day. Certainly would like to here what happened.

Latest resources

Back