Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 340 hp
TOW/TOAD
2013 Subaru Crosstrek - manual, flat tow
Fulltimer
No
We have an eye on an rv, but can’t get a response to our inquiry for an inspector through nrvia. The rv’s at a dealership - would it do any good to ask them? An alternative would be to fly someone from our area - we have a reliable person in mind , and first we’re wondering what an inspection costs.
Any thoughts?

you are going to the right source. My guess is that industry is just like every other industry. No one is wanting to work. Where is the RV located?

you are going to the right source. My guess is that industry is just like every other industry. No one is wanting to work. Where is the RV located?
east coast. *looks cagey*

We have an eye on an rv, but can’t get a response to our inquiry for an inspector through nrvia. The rv’s at a dealership - would it do any good to ask them? An alternative would be to fly someone from our area - we have a reliable person in mind , and first we’re wondering what an inspection costs.
Any thoughts?
Third party or your choice of an inspector is a good first option. Any inspector get would be certified so the report should be fair and honest no matter who finds the person to do it. Even if the dealer provides a couple names, they have a certification to consider. Just for kicks, what are you looking at? Getting things scheduled for RV is the same in the boat business with a backlog. The business has increased but the number of certified inspectors has not gone up as fast.
Holler if we can help.
Thank you,
Ken

It’s a good name, fairly low mileage older RV. We have extremely specific wants and needs, which narrowed our 3-year search to ONE model. There are a few on the market right now, and it appears to me, just researching this one model, that the resale market has slowed considerably already. We’re trying to get a lot of ducks in a row to do this the way we want. When we’re thoroughly ready, perhaps in July, I’ll probably hit this group for input. Sure;y the one I’m now eyeing would be sold before that.

Usually if the NRVIA does not have an inspector locally in the area, you can contact the NRVIA org and they will send out a blast email to all their inspectors to see who is interested. I did that and was able to locate someone from out of the area who happened to be close geographically.

Yes, I did that … no bites.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back