Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Can I tow, or should I have a slice of pizza?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I even like the pineapple....but barbeque chicken is my fav.
something about chicken pizza just doesn't seem right. Fish yes, chicken no. Also I’ve been told (admonished actually) that, at least in TN, if it isn't pork, it isn't BBQ.

Go for the pizza, just ask them to leave the toes out!!!

How about looking at crew cab pickup trucks (350/3500 and up) with a slide in camper in the bed? People always ask why a truck camper instead of a class c. The answer is TOWING. Size your truck to handle the payload in the bed (the slide in camper) and invest in an extended tow setup. Some, not all, campgrounds/RV parks will allow you to off load the camper so you could use the truck as a daily driver.

We drive a F250 with a small Lance 815S (non-slide) on the back. This goes to town daily. We park it out in the parking lot away from the crowd. It will take up two front to back slots but we often park so we take up 4. It makes the dog happier if no one parks too close.

The truck has enough battery bank (with solar panels for recharging) that we can leave the dog in the camper with all the 12vDC fans & vents running while we shop. UNLESS the temps are too hot (because we can't run the air conditioner on our batteries), then she is left at home. In the winter, we turn on the onboard furnace to keep it warm for the dog.

I've had a 22 ft Class C. It towed my Jeep 4X4 (5500lbs curb weight). I drove the Class C extensively. I've driven the truck with the camper on it extensively. Actually more than the Class C and we've had the truck camper for half the time. It's like driving a pickup truck. We are careful about sudden/fast turns. But I was the same with the Class C. I think the truck camper handles better than the Class C.

Latest resources

Back