Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Can someone sleep while your driving your RV?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Ms. Marilyn has no desire to drive, & has not driven, other than to move it one time in a big parking lot. That was just to see if she could! She did, but no desire to drive on the road!
Me, I love to drive! She is an excellent "navigator"! Has her phone, Truckers Atlas, & even a couple ol' fashion maps! I load the Garmin 770. & off we go! Makes for a great team!
Oh, she does occasionally curl up in the dinette and read, when she gets bored, on a long Interstate trip! So I guess she trusts me!
God Bless, & Safe Travels.....Whoever drives!

I drive most of the time. When I start trying to sleep while I drive the wheel gets handed to Saundra. Then at best I cat nap. Saundra on the other hand is asleep as soon as we hit the pavement. Exception to this is at dawn or dusk when the wildlife wants to use the road. At those times she if full on to watch the road so we can claim four eyes.

Welcome. Like Neal I am a solo driver. However, when I was younger I had a friend take me on a business trip after work. I had to be up early for the day job the next day. I had no problem laying on the couch and dozing off while in motion. Was it a good idea, in the event of sudden stop or accident was another question.

My wife falls asleep everywhere we go. :):)

Well I once did go and have downs in the back with the dog.

I don’t do it any longer. On one occasion hubby stopped in a shop to pick up parts. While he was in there the dog and I got out for her to do her business on the other side of the building.

We came around the building to see the motorhome driving away. He thought we were still having a nap and he left us behind!

I thought it was pretty funny because I knew he would have close to a heart attack when he arrived at the campsite 5 miles down the road to find us missing.

I flagged a car driving by down and asked if I could use his phone. I then phoned my husband and he was quite confused when he answered with me asking him if he left something behind ?. We were hooking up with a large group of friends for weekend it was the talk of the weekend of me hitching a ride. Actually to this day I know people still talk about it.

Now if he gets out and I get out I take the keys with me and I don’t nap in the back anymore.

Well I once did go and have downs in the back with the dog.

I don’t do it any longer. On one occasion hubby stopped in a shop to pick up parts. While he was in there the dog and I got out for her to do her business on the other side of the building.

We came around the building to see the motorhome driving away. He thought we were still having a nap and he left us behind!

I thought it was pretty funny because I knew he would have close to a heart attack when he arrived at the campsite 5 miles down the road to find us missing.

I flagged a car driving by down and asked if I could use his phone. I then phoned my husband and he was quite confused when he answered with me asking him if he left something behind ?. We were hooking up with a large group of friends for weekend it was the talk of the weekend of me hitching a ride. Actually to this day I know people still talk about it.

Now if he gets out and I get out I take the keys with me and I don’t nap in the back anymore.
Oh geeze, that's funny!

Good story, I will talk about it myself.

Golden Girls Lol GIF by HULU

Latest resources

Back