Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Can someone sleep while your driving your RV?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
When Sandy’ Driving I just prop my feet on the dash and go to sleep. The only thing is she gets upset because when she has a question about something she has to wake me up. ?

So the front seat seems better than the bed while the coach is rolling down the road?
Thx for your input, I appreciate it.
Stay safe,
Rick

So the front seat seems better than the bed while the coach is rolling down the road?
Thx for your input, I appreciate it.
Stay safe,
Rick
I don't see anyone sleeping in the back while that big ol diesel is humming away. Very loud. It's not noisy up front but 40' back, no.

I lay on the couch & read & size while my hubby drives - he loves to drive! I did try to stay in bed one morning - (3 or 4” Memory foam topper really is a MUST have) - it was hard to sleep with noise and bounce.

Okay - my first post so I'm a little late to the game...
I'd love to try to sleep in the back; and maybe there's hope!
Since buying the BigBus 3 years ago the lovely Mrs C has talked about driving - but - never took more than 1 turn around a parking lot. Imagine my surprise a few weeks ago when I returned to the BigBus from a rest area pit stop and found her in the driver's seat. She was ready to give it a try and away we went. She commanded a 20 mile segment on I-80 to the next rest area where she returned the controls to me. She did great (well - maybe hugged the right side too much when semis passed). We will hit the road again in a couple of weeks and I'm hoping she will continue her driving operations. Hoping after some experience SHE gets comfortable with me napping while she drives.
A couple of notes:
+She purposely chose this stretch of I-80 because she grew up a few miles away and was VERY familiar with the road.
+In our 40+ years together she ALWAYS has a smile. NOT while driving!! She was amazingly serious and quiet (as shown in the pic).
joe

58F37416-796F-453F-A818-256A7A1632EC.jpeg

First, welcome to RVF; glad to have you!

And, congrats to "the lovely Mrs. C" for getting behind the wheel. LadyDi gives a big (y) as do I. As for the serious composure when driving a 43-foot coach, that's good; it is serious business requiring focus and concentration.

Now, a suggestion: give Mrs. C plenty of time to get used to driving before you head to the back of the coach for a nap. She will need to build her confidence over time.

LadyDi has been driving our coach(es) for several years and is quite proficient. I feel very safe with her behind the wheel. That said, we both feel that having two sets of eyes on the road is a big advantage, so neither of us does much napping while the other is driving.

Our routine is that the person behind the wheel commands the coach; the person in the right-hand seat is the spotter/navigator. We'd rather have two people spot a potential hazard than none! And, when it comes to making a navigation decision, the spotter/navigator has the GPS, map book (if needed), cell phone, etc. at hand.

Works for us!

TJ

Latest resources

Back