Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Can someone sleep while your driving your RV?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rick Davis

RVF Regular
Hello my name is Rick Davis and am new to this site but not the RV experience.
I do have a question for fellow seniors. As we age we need to rest from time to time. Have any of you trusted your driver enough to actually sleep while your wife or husband continued to drive to your next camp site?
Thank you,
Rick

Hello Rick,

Solo driver here so I can't answer your question other than I'd have a hard time sleeping. Just wanted to welcome you to RVForums.com - great to have you join the super friendly group here. Welcome!

Hello Rick,

Solo driver here so I can't answer your question other than I'd have a hard time sleeping. Just wanted to welcome you to RVForums.com - great to have you join the super friendly group here. Welcome!
Thank you for your input.
Have you tried one of the memory foam mattress?
The stock ones are just not comfortable when used many times.

My coach has a sleep number which I like.

Hello my name is Rick Davis and am new to this site but not the RV experience.
I do have a question for fellow seniors. As we age we need to rest from time to time. Have any of you trusted your driver enough to actually sleep while your wife or husband continued to drive to your next camp site?
Thank you,
Rick
Hi @Rick Davis, and welcome to the forum. And no, there is probably NOBODY that I trust enough to allow me to sleep while they were driving. So if I need to catch some zzz's, I just aim the coach straight and close my eyes. When I feel the bump, bump, bump sound of the wheels on the edge, I wake up and re-point the coach. Repeat, repeat...

OK, seriously. If I get tired we pull over and I get out, walk around a bit and that generally helps. But my wife is a terrible driver. She follows too close to the car in front of us, spends too much time looking everywhere except where she should, and doesn't see anything before it actually happens.

If I had to count on her to drive the coach, I'd walk :)

As a former over the road truck driver, almost every team driver does this. Is it legal to do without seatbelts? I do not know. But that is how they make a lot more money, and the truck never stops. One sleeps in the sleeper, one drives.

As far as our motorhome goes, I could not even sit in the passenger seat while my wife drives the motorhome for more than a few seconds. That is why I do all the driving! She has no interest in learning how to drive it, and I'm ok with that. Driving is half the fun of Rv-ing to me. She has gone back to try and sleep a couple times, but says it is too bouncy back there. Both in our previous Class C, and our current Class A gasser. She is more comfortable reclining the passenger seat with her seatbelt on and dozing off.

Welcome to the forum. Ours has a memory foam topper on it. It's pretty comfy.

In our previous coach, the mattress was designed by the Spanish Inquistion. A 3-inch memory foam topper from Walmart solved that. I do all the driving, and my wife sleeps in the bed all the time,

As a former over the road truck driver, almost every team driver does this. Is it legal to do without seatbelts? I do not know. But that is how they make a lot more money, and the truck never stops. One sleeps in the sleeper, one drives.

As far as our motorhome goes, I could not even sit in the passenger seat while my wife drives the motorhome for more than a few seconds. That is why I do all the driving! She has no interest in learning how to drive it, and I'm ok with that. Driving is half the fun of Rv-ing to me. She has gone back to try and sleep a couple times, but says it is too bouncy back there. Both in our previous Class C, and our current Class A gasser. She is more comfortable reclining the passenger seat with her seatbelt on and dozing off.

Welcome to the forum. Ours has a memory foam topper on it. It's pretty comfy.
Hello
Really appreciate your input
Thank you

They can try, but the way I drive, I sincerely doubt they'd get much shuteye. LadyDi certainly doesn't. :ROFLMAO:

TJ

Latest resources

Back