Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I know @redbaron has them, hopefully he can give some insight

I think Dr @Chuggs also uses them.

I used BBs on the wing for the job worked great. same idea I would do it in a heart beat If I had deep pockets.

I have run them since 2013. I start with getting tires spin balanced, and then install the centramatics. Never had a tire unevenly wear or get out of balance. I am a believer

Another fact about the centramatics - they are wonderful dust shields and heat sinks. The heat sink issue is not very obvious. Mainly because I don't over use my brakes and maintain proper speeds going downhill. The dust shield effect is very obvious. I have traveled with friends, starting with freshly washed coaches. At the end of the day looking at the brake dust difference between those without centramatics vs those with, it is a very big difference. I can easily wash my wheels at the end of the day just by foaming with soap, letting it soak, and pressure wash it away. Looks 90% good as new. Others without have tried the same thing, but are forced to use a rag to wipe them down.

For those that are picky like I am about keeping the coach clean, this will be the thing that you notice more frequently than any of the intended benefits. Tires are not going to stay any longer than 5 years on the front of my coach, and you can get 5 years with or without centramatics. Most people deal with the slight wobble or pull that the tires eventually get, and comfort drive does a lot to mask that effect. (at least I believe they do...not trying to start *THAT* debate).

I also placed the centramatics on all 3 axles. I plan on selling my coach in 5 years, so I will not know how long the rear tires will last. Same thing with my 2013 coach.

@redbaron did you go to a local tire shop or go to Loves/PFJ tire shop to get them installed? When I reached out to centramatrics, they suggested a Love’s near me for installation.

On 2013 I had them installed by centramatics in Alvarado, TX as they are 5 minutes from my house.
In 2019 I had newmar install them during my CPU. They sent me to a tire shop for the install.
Any tire shop that is setup to deal with big trucks can do the install, as it is a simple as removing wheel and sliding it on.

I added the step of spin balancing all 8 wheel assemblies, which most people considered a waste of money. It has worked well for me, and I will do it the same way next time.

20171211_113026.jpg

You will notice a difference as soon as you get on a smooth section of asphalt. Generally...America's roads are too bumpy to notice. I recommend them...but you can't blame them for not being able to compensate for crappy roads. They simply balance out vibrations caused by the wheel itself.

Ordered Monday received Wednesday from Florida Truck. Quick and free shipping IMG_0651.jpeg

Latest resources

Back