Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford F-150
Fulltimer
Yes
Gotta return to DC for a week. Ironically, while I lived in the area for 10 years, I never had an RV while there so I’ve never thought about campgrounds.

Can anyone recommend a family-friendly campground in the DC area?

I’ve also never camped in the region, but two places people speak highly of are Cherry Hill in MD and Prince William Forest Park in VA. There’s also Bull Run near Manassas.

I live in Ashburn and can confirm the choices are slim.

Without a doubt Cherry Hill is the best. It easily holds large coaches, has nice amenities, and has the benefit of a WMATA bus stop onsite to get you to metro. It is more expensive though.

We have also been to Bull Run Regional Park and Pohick Bay Regional Park and they are convenient to metro but definitely no frills. Sites are hit or miss on levelness and the road into BRRP is almost guaranteed to have a tree jump out and scratch your coach when a car passes you. A lot of people also stay at Lake Fairfax Park but it is electric only.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Cherry Hill looks good and that’s what we were thinking but it is pretty spensive. I think they must know what they have.

We’re just going to visit DW’s sister. Likely to become an part of the post-newmar annual pilgrimage. SIL lives in a condo up near Columbia, MD so no place to put the coach.

After living in the DC metro area for 10 years, we’ve seen everything to see there and I’m sort of dreading dealing with the traffic. Shouldn’t be so awful if we stay on the MD side.

What about Annapolis area? That’s not too far.

You can look at Rambling Pines as well. I was just at Cherry Hill and will be back there tomorrow

Boondock on the mall. Duh

There is a KOA near Gambrills / Millersville that would be easy access to Columbia. Also Rambling Pines. I’ve not been to either but a friend likes the KOA. Not sure if the cost is any better than Cherry Hill.

Koa is expensive and not convenient to Columbia. Cherry Hill or Rambling Pines best bets.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back