Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

MOD Changed sink faucets, shower mixing valve control, and added soap dispensers

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
When I got my 2017 Newmar Ventana it came with a flawed shower mixing valve, pure junk! You tap it and it's too hot, tap the other way too cold, Newmar didn't consider this a problem so I had to look at fixing this myself. All of the plumbing in your coach is easy to change and typically water lines are plastic lines with twist on/off fittings. I replaced my shower mixing valve with a much better control by Moen (part # 82604SRN) but you can get your own to match your decor. I suggest getting a 3 way mixing valve so you don't have the bathtub port on the bottom. Very easy to remove, the connections can be a little challenging to access but no big deal and what a difference this made.

I later changed my two bathroom faucets to Moen as well, I didn't care for the ones Newmar provided. I am happy with my kitchen sink faucet so that one remains.

Recently I took a big risk and drilled a hole in my corian counters and added soap dispensers to my kitchen counter and my master bath sink. Tips are to use masking tape (study youtube videos first) to avoid splintering, drill a small pilot hole first, then use a new sharp hole saw and drill slow and careful. I got top fill soap dispensers. Triple check the clearance under the counter so carefully plan the location for obstructions prior to drilling. The corian was quite thick and quite hard which was impressive. No longer do I have to deal with soap bottles as I much prefer the built in option.

soapdispenser4.png soapdispenser3.png soapdispenser2.png soapdispenser1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back