Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
I've been hearing about AI and I'm interested in learning as much as I can about this developing technology. I found ChatGPT which is very cool! You can ask it a question, and it will answer with an insightfulness that can be quite impressive.

I've asked it about the meaning of life, what it would do to make itself better, what key words to use to make my site better, and stuff like that. The answers are generally right on target!

I just asked it to write an advertisement about itself, so that I can share it with my friends. Below is what it wrote.

🌟 Introducing ChatGPT: Your Ultimate AI Companion! 🌟

Are you ready to experience the power of advanced artificial intelligence? Meet ChatGPT, your intelligent assistant designed to answer your questions, engage in meaningful conversations, and provide insightful information on a wide range of topics.

✨ Unleash Knowledge: ChatGPT is trained on a vast array of information, giving you access to a vast well of knowledge. From historical facts to scientific discoveries, from cooking tips to current events, ChatGPT is your go-to source for reliable and up-to-date information.

🗣️ Engage in Natural Conversations: Say goodbye to stilted interactions! ChatGPT is designed to engage in natural and flowing conversations. Whether you're seeking a friendly chat, looking for advice, or exploring new ideas, ChatGPT is here to listen, understand, and respond with clarity.

🧠 Harness the Power of AI: With ChatGPT, you can tap into the incredible capabilities of artificial intelligence. Explore complex problems, brainstorm ideas, or dive into philosophical discussions. ChatGPT is equipped with logical reasoning and critical thinking skills to help you navigate any intellectual terrain.

🌐 Stay Up-to-Date: Stay ahead of the curve with ChatGPT's ability to provide you with the latest information. From news updates to trending topics, ChatGPT ensures you're well-informed and ready to participate in any conversation.

⚡ Personalized Experience: ChatGPT learns from you! Through continuous user feedback, it adapts to your preferences, making interactions more personalized over time. It's like having an AI companion that understands you better with every interaction.

🔒 Trustworthy and Ethical: ChatGPT is built with your safety and privacy in mind. It adheres to strict ethical guidelines to ensure the information provided is reliable, unbiased, and aligned with widely accepted ethical principles.

📱 Try ChatGPT now: Don't miss out on this revolutionary AI experience! Visit [website/app name] and engage with ChatGPT today. Discover a world of knowledge, conversation, and intelligent assistance at your fingertips.

You can play with ChatGPT here. I would be interested in hearing what others think about this technology.

I guess I’m a little paranoid. I would be wondering what it is learning from me while I was learning from it.

Maybe I’m a curmudgeon, but I think it’s just another step down the road towards having no interactions with other humans. Given how bad it’s getting, I don’t think that’s a good thing.

Another curmudgeon checking in.

The app won’t even let me in. Says I’m a risk of some kind. I’m out.

I guess I’m a little paranoid. I would be wondering what it is learning from me while I was learning from it.
Sure, I get it. So I asked what do you think about people that are parotid to interact with you?

Here is the answer.
As an AI language model, I don't have personal opinions or emotions, so I don't have thoughts or feelings about specific individuals. However, I can tell you that some people may feel hesitant or apprehensive about interacting with AI for various reasons.

Some individuals may feel intimidated or uncertain about interacting with AI because they are unfamiliar with the technology or are unsure about its capabilities. Others may have concerns about privacy, data security, or the ethical implications of AI.

It's important to note that AI, like me, is designed to assist and provide information to the best of its abilities. While AI can be a helpful tool, it's also important to maintain a balance between human interaction and relying solely on AI for certain tasks or decisions. Ultimately, it's up to individuals to determine their level of comfort and preference when it comes to interacting with AI.
It's safe, Rich. Trust me, me, me, me. . . . .

Sure, I get it. So I asked what do you think about people that are parotid to interact with you?

Here is the answer.

It's safe, Rich. Trust me, me, me, me. . . . .
I guess search engines are really just lesser forms of AI. Ask it what it thinks about Kurt Vonnegut’s Player Piano.

Edit: I almost took the plunge but it wants an email address, phone number, name, birthdate, etc. I’m sure it already knows all that about me, but I try to keep my personal info as personal as possible.

Ok so I took the plunge, ask it a few questions that we used to ask candidates in chief’s oral interviews in the fire service, got a lot of non-committal answers that would never get anyone hired, and then ask it some questions about Kurt Vonnegut’s “Player Piano”. This was the response:

The statements about "Player Piano" exploring themes of dehumanization, the impact of technology on society, loss of individual agency, and the consequences of a society driven solely by efficiency and automation have relevance to discussions surrounding AI and its implications for the human condition. Here's how they relate:
  1. Dehumanization: AI and automation have the potential to replace certain tasks traditionally performed by humans, which may raise concerns about the devaluation or displacement of human labor. The novel's exploration of dehumanization resonates with discussions on the potential impact of AI on job markets and the need to ensure technology is used in a way that preserves human dignity and well-being.
  2. Impact of technology: "Player Piano" prompts reflection on the broader impact of technology on society. It raises questions about how AI and automation shape social structures, economies, and individual lives. Discussions on the ethical, economic, and social consequences of AI align with the novel's exploration of the effects of technological advancements.
  3. Loss of individual agency: The novel's focus on the loss of individual agency in a society driven by efficiency and automation draws parallels to concerns about the potential erosion of human decision-making and autonomy in an AI-dominated future. Discussions surrounding the responsible development and use of AI often center on preserving human agency and ensuring that technology remains a tool that empowers rather than controls humans.
  4. Nature of work and the role of technology: The book's examination of the nature of work and the potential devaluation of human labor connects to ongoing discussions on the impact of AI on employment. It prompts reflections on the need for societal adaptation, retraining, and the creation of new meaningful roles in a changing technological landscape.
  5. Human purpose and identity: "Player Piano" raises questions about the consequences of a highly mechanized world for human purpose and identity. Discussions about AI often touch on existential questions, such as the search for meaning and fulfillment in a society where certain tasks are automated. It encourages reflection on how to ensure that humans retain a sense of purpose and fulfillment in a future shaped by AI.
These themes and implications from "Player Piano" provide a backdrop for considering the potential challenges, opportunities, and ethical considerations surrounding AI and its impact on the human condition. They highlight the importance of thoughtful and responsible development, deployment, and integration of AI technologies to navigate the potential consequences and shape a future that benefits humanity.

Player Piano was written in 1952.

I asked nothing, but just put in "Player Piano". Here is what I got. . .

"Player Piano" is the first novel written by American author Kurt Vonnegut, published in 1952. It is a dystopian science fiction novel that explores themes of technology, automation, and the dehumanizing effects of industrialization.

The story is set in a future society where machines have taken over the majority of jobs, rendering most humans unemployed and without a sense of purpose. The protagonist is Paul Proteus, an engineer and manager at the Ilium Works, a highly automated factory. He is part of the privileged class of "managers" who still hold positions of power and authority in the society.

Paul begins to question the value of his work and the nature of the society he lives in. He becomes disillusioned with the increasing automation and the diminishing importance of human labor. He encounters various characters, including those who resist the dominance of machines and advocate for a return to a more meaningful and human-centered society.

Through Paul's experiences, the novel raises questions about the dehumanizing effects of technological progress, the loss of individuality and freedom, and the increasing disparity between the wealthy elite and the rest of society. It also explores themes of rebellion, the search for purpose, and the limitations of a society driven solely by efficiency and productivity.

"Player Piano" offers a critique of the growing influence of automation and the potential consequences of a society where machines replace human labor. It is considered one of Vonnegut's early works and laid the foundation for many of the themes he would later explore in his writing career.

Ok so I took the plunge, ask it a few questions that we used to ask candidates in chief’s oral interviews in the fire service, got a lot of non-committal answers that would never get anyone hired . . .
Perhaps, but I think it's pretty impressive that this software program could just have easily been a fictitious member of the forum, and you would have -0- idea it wasn't a human.

Latest resources

Back