Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Popeye

RVF Newbee
I have a 2014 28ft allegro breeze . I started winterizing it and turned lever to bypass the hot water tank and antifreeze is still running in to the tank . I think the check Valve is not working but I can’t find where it is. Does anyone know where the check valve is on the model?

I'm not familiar with your specific model but in general you shouldn't rely on a check valve for isolation. There should be 3 valves associated with the hot water tank. Close the inlet and outlet and open the bypass.

I can get to the back of the water tank and there’s no inlet / outlet or bypass valves and no check valve . You are right for most RVs but not this one

Found a manual online about the winterizing process and the only thing it mentions is the valve you turned to bypass the water heater.

Without anything else in the system it would seem like the valve is not isolating the line going to the water heater completely.

A few options I guess…
1. Winterize then drain the water heater of the fluid
2. Add an additional shutoff valve on the line going to the water heater to isolate properly
3. Swap out the current valve with a new one

Just my thoughts and info

Found a manual online about the winterizing process and the only thing it mentions is the valve you turned to bypass the water heater.

Without anything else in the system it would seem like the valve is not isolating the line going to the water heater completely.

A few options I guess…
1. Winterize then drain the water heater of the fluid
2. Add an additional shutoff valve on the line going to the water heater to isolate properly
3. Swap out the current valve with a new one

Just my thoughts and info
Can you try opening and closing the valve a few times to see if you can get it to seat properly?

Latest resources

Back