Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

cnelson1

RVF Newbee
When I hook up to city water, the city water passes into the fresh water tank filling it until it over flows. And yes. I have definitely closed the value in the compartment at the left side of the sliding door step. Because of this, I currently cannot use city water. Please advise.

There's supposed to be a check valve in the on-board water pump that prevents such an occurrence. Double-check your hose routing, then consider replacing the pump. I say double-check the hose routing, because one never knows what a previous owner may have done.

Roger

When I hook up to city water, the city water passes into the fresh water tank filling it until it over flows. And yes. I have definitely closed the value in the compartment at the left side of the sliding door step. Because of this, I currently cannot use city water. Please advise.
If your system is like mine, and it sounds like it is, then you probably have a two way valve that directs the flow of water to the fresh tank or by pass directly to the plumbing. My valve malfunctioned and I had the exact opposite problem. I could not fill my fresh tank. The condition result is just how the valve was positioned when it failed. Replacing the valve was fairy easy but making sure I got the correct valve was not. I had to leave my plumbing apart in order to match the broken valve. See the photo of my valve.

Attachments

• Valve.jpg
    Valve.jpg
    725.4 KB · Views: 7
You may have the valve that's located under the bathroom sink in the wrong position. One way, it fills the tank when hooked to city water. The other way, it does not allow water into the tank. Also, be sure you turn your water pump off when attached to city water. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back