Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
Any suggestions please. At the last three parks ( 1 was private, 1 was Coat to Coast and now an Encore). Our water pressure starts at a nice flow but quickly slows down to a trickle. Both sinks and shower. I have tried changing the filter and a different regulator. I asked my neighbor and they said their water is steady. One of the regulators I tried had a water filled gauge. When no water being used it shows 55+ psi. As soon as the water is turned on inside it drops to 28 psi.

Does your RV have a water pump or is the only way to get water flow in your coach is from a city water connection?

Does your RV have a water pump or is the only way to get water flow in your coach is from a city water connection?
I do have a pump but it doesn’t run if using city water. Only if using fresh tank.

What happens if you fill your fresh tank, turn off city water, and use your water pump? Are you then getting good pressure as expected?

In my coach I can turn on the water pump and will only come on IF city water pressure is low.

One of the regulators I tried had a water filled gauge. When no water being used it shows 55+ psi. As soon as the water is turned on inside it drops to 28 psi.
This regulator is toast, @Zero pressure it should be at the 0 position; BTW that fluid is usually mineral oil and can be burped from the rubber cap on top. Try doing this first.

Is this a Renator regulator? It is exactly what happened to mine and they sent me a new gauge as the calibration cannot be done w/o special tools.

Any suggestions please. At the last three parks ( 1 was private, 1 was Coat to Coast and now an Encore). Our water pressure starts at a nice flow but quickly slows down to a trickle. Both sinks and shower. I have tried changing the filter and a different regulator. I asked my neighbor and they said their water is steady. One of the regulators I tried had a water filled gauge. When no water being used it shows 55+ psi. As soon as the water is turned on inside it drops to 28 psi.
Put a Guage on the city side and see if the regulator has anything to do with it.

I've run into this a few times. When hooking the hose to the outside fitting I would get just a dribble inside. Found the valve at the inlet to be stuck closed. Using a pencil eraser not to damage the valve I exercised it a few times and everything worked as it should. For clarity this valve closes when pressure from the pump is being used. When using the water hose that valve opens to allow flow.

Issue resolved. Not sure what was causing issue but it has gone away. I’m sure it was chair user error. Probably attaching and removing knocked something that was stuck. Only been full timer about 14 months. Still learning and loving the adventure.

I was filling my fresh tank to see if pressure fluctuated as Neal questioned. Ran some water and it ran fine. I went back to city water and reattached the adjustable regulater and filter. When I ran the water inside the pressure held strong.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back