Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Class A Diesel Pusher under bed access?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Fegouveia

Frank and Eliza Gouveia
RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Safari
RV Model
Serengeti
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
1998 Ford e350 7.3 v8 Powerstroke
Fulltimer
Yes
We are new to owning a Class A Diesel pusher. We just purchased a 40' 1989 Safari Serengeti High Tech Addition ( LOL it's definitely old school Tech but everything except washer dryer combo and the main TV still works. ) The thing is pretty amazing considering it's age. Anyway, I know this question is not going to sound smart but I must ask anyway. One thing that look odd to me is the under bed access area to the engine. Shouldn't there be something besides the plywood, the wood frame, and the mattress above the engine ? It seems there should be something that blocks any carbon monoxide and other fumes from coming inside the motorhome when it is running. I have tried looking online but can't seem to even get a picture of what it looked like originally or what the storage area is supposed to look like on other diesel pushers with the same bed motor access. I have never looked under a bed in a diesel motorhome before but it seems as if ours is missing something. Am I right to think that? If so , how can we fix it. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you much.

You probably are right and this coach has probably been modified over its 30+ years of use, maintenance, and repairs. Some pics of the area in question would be helpful in making determinations, but the area should be sealed more or less air tight. Hopefully some ofher Safari owners will chime in, but you might try contacting some other owners listing theirs for sale on RVT and RVTrader for info. As far as fixing it goes, it sounds like you might be in need of some quality fabrication to build a new engine hatch for this coach.

You probably are right and this coach has probably been modified over its 30+ years of use, maintenance, and repairs. Some pics of the area in question would be helpful in making determinations, but the area should be sealed more or less air tight. Hopefully some ofher Safari owners will chime in, but you might try contacting some other owners listing theirs for sale on RVT and RVTrader for info. As far as fixing it goes, it sounds like you might be in need of some quality fabrication to build a new engine hatch for this coach.
Thank you kindly.

Latest resources

Back