Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Class A motorhome tire replacement .....

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Ive read a few articles on Michelin ties that stated that the tire industry is constantly working on compounds that are UV resistant to extend the life of tires.

On my classic cars I run tires 10 years, but they are garaged and are never on the interstate. Having said that, I usually get tired of the wheels and tires and want a different look way before the tires wear or age out.

Joe, you did good ? reminded me of a line in my haulmark ownership manual.

"The oil will settle to the bottom of the tires when not used regularly ". I kinda let it slip out of my mind, from lack of use. :ROFLMAO:

It's way too early for me but I'm thinking to extend past the 5yrs because we full time and the longest it's be parked is 2 months once since Sept 2019. From here on out, we're going to only park twice for a month timeframe then moving every 1-2 wks till we get to the RGV in Texas this winter. If the vehicle is utilized often, I'm thinking I can age the tires longer. I don't use covers but protect them with McKee's 37 non petroleum based tire products and they now have a ceramic based tire treatment that I may try next.

I'm going to run my tires at least 7 years. They are not getting very many miles compared to a tractor trailer with similar 22.5" tires. I'll look at them at that point and see where we stand. Mine were replaced by the previous owner in 2016 so that was 5 years ago. They still look new.

Latest resources

Back