Discovery 39S
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
CAT 330 HP
Fulltimer
No
1/2 my Fleetwood Discovery 2004 39s has 110 power. Checked fuses, GFI. However, the inverter is blinking that it is overheating. Any clues?

I wonder if there is something such as a cooling fan failed in the inverter? Check for any breakers on the inverter, remove power and reset?

So??? Half of the circuits in your RV don't work????? And you are trying to supply that 120 volt AC power to the coach by providing 12 volt DC battery power to your inverter to create that 120 volt AC power?

How old are your batteries, how large (in amp-hours) are your batteries and how many / how demanding of electricity are the appliances in the coach of 120 volt AC power?

Rick

So??? Half of the circuits in your RV don't work????? And you are trying to supply that 120 volt AC power to the coach by providing 12 volt DC battery power to your inverter to create that 120 volt AC power?

How old are your batteries, how large (in amp-hours) are your batteries and how many / how demanding of electricity are the appliances in the coach of 120 volt AC power?

Rick
As an update, the inverter fan continues to run even when off of shore power. The house batteries are now dying and I have lost air conditioning.

Attachments

• IMG_1619.jpeg
    IMG_1619.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Air conditioning is likely only on shore power.

The inverter runs off of house batteries.

Could the batteries be bad and cause this?
Found the issue. Even though the surge suppressor was indicating everything good, as soon as I removed it from the pedestal, all power was restored and the inverter came back online.

Found the issue. Even though the surge suppressor was indicating everything good, as soon as I removed it from the pedestal, all power was restored and the inverter came back online.
Which surge protector are you using? If you have an amp meter, seeing the readings on each leg at the pedestal would be interesting. I assume you're connected to 50 amp service.

Which surge protector are you using? If you have an amp meter, seeing the readings on each leg at the pedestal would be interesting. I assume you're connected to 50 amp service.
Progressive Industries is the Surge Protector. Sorry not able to check the readings. Yes I am 50 amp.

So all you trouble shooters out there. Does this likely mean the surge protector is bad.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back