RV Year
RV Make
KIT
RV Model
38N
RV Length
Fulltimer
Yes
A friend of mine bought a Class C "mobile office" a number of years ago that has an all fiberglass shell. Recently noticed a leak because of a water stain near the driver side of the interior ceiling. Went up to look at the roof and found something very strange (see pictures), anyone know what the square areas are? The one in the close-up view is the one we think is leaking and what can we seal it with? Sorry, I guess I should have put this in a different group. :unsure:

Attachments

• IMG_20210324_143657_0[1].jpg
    IMG_20210324_143657_0[1].jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20210324_143651_0[1].jpg
    IMG_20210324_143651_0[1].jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20210324_152018_7[1].jpg
    IMG_20210324_152018_7[1].jpg
    8.9 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
It may be an area that solar panels were installed then removed. I leave the fix to those better qualified.

It may be an area that solar panels were installed then removed. I leave the fix to those better qualified.
That is what I was thinking. I would get a professional to assess what damage may be under there, and in the ceiling. You definitely don't want mold growing in the ceiling. Don't ask me how I know.

Back a few years it was common to put storage containers on RV roofs. Then came basements. Looks like it has no basement, I'm wondering ?.

I don't think solar because of the goop pattern. To fix it I would get as much of the junk off so water can not be held captive and glass any holes.

There are reasonably priced tests to determine if mold is present. A professional drills small holes and sucks air through the affected area - filtering it through a fine filter. The filter is examined for mold spores. Tests to determine if the area under there is still wet can be done with highly sensitive infrared thermometers (wet area show as slightly cooler). Locally the cost of each of these is about $150. Once determined that it's safe to patch, there are a variety of DIY kits and materials, or you may find yourself an experienced professional.

I've head relatively good things about that "Snow Seal" goop? Anyone use it?

Latest resources

Back