• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Class C RV?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
If going used, look for a class c without the front window in the overhead bunk. It is a known problem area for leaks. My previous class c had one. I was constantly monitoring it for seal issues. Had the front window seal replaced twice before any leaking occurred. The sun beating down on it would shrink and crack the window seal. If you notice on all the newer class c and slide in campers, they have all moved away from putting a window up there. Ours had a slide out that we never had an issue with. It was a great motorhome. It was a 2006 Ford E450 we bought new and had it for over 10 years.
Great advice!

Welcome, and be aware that an RV is just a home on wheels. Think about how much work a home is then multiply that by a factor of X.
It isn't for everyone, but many people still think they are worth the headaches.
Some brands are better than others. Look at owners forums to get an idea how much complaining is going on with any given brand.
Keep in mind also that they use a LOT of common components. Sinks, faucets, HVAC systems, water heaters and so on.
However if the basic coach is sound and well built you are ahead of the game.
When shopping look at the details. Are things done with a degree of attention or just slapped together.
I would avoid the "slapped together". They tend to be the ones that fall apart slowly over time.
Hopefully ... it is slowly.
DB

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back