What cleaning products do you use inside coach for the shower and toilets that drain into the tanks? I have read some stories about damage to seals drains etc using the wrong products.
For toilets I use Lysol toilet bowl cleaner I believe it is. I personally am not worried about seals, etc. I flush several times after cleaning, shower is typically used after cleaning, nothing is setting for any period of time and I'm not worried about gate valve seals, they are heavy duty rubber.
Bar Keeper's Friend household cleaners restore shine on stainless steel, porcelain, tile, ceramic, glass, copper, brass, and more. From kitchen to bathroom, our cleaning products cut through tough stains, rust, and tarnish. Shop the best household cleaning supplies for your home.
www.barkeepersfriend.com
The Lysol bowl cleaner @Neal mentioned is good for toilets.
Been using both for years with no issues regarding seals.
We use Happy Camper. Whenever we drain the tanks, and I add Happy Camped to the toilet bowl filled with some water, I use a toilet brush, and clean the bowl before flushing. I use Clorox wipes on the rest of the toilets, and throw them away. On the shower, and bath sinks, we use Scrubbing Bubbles, as it is gentle. The kitchen sink gets Bar Keepers Friend.
Judy D
I did a short video on this topic; I’m sure you’ve watched it, but I can give a little update.
I used Digest-It which works well. Now I’m using West Marine toilet treatment after it was recommended by a sailboat racing friend (they’re experts in this area! )
One HUGE caution for the higher-end coach natural materials, such as marble, stone, granite…those WILL BE DAMAGED by certain (strong) chemicals such as MICROBAN. Don’t ask me how I know, but I can also refer to the process of restoring and polishing marble tile!
I can also tell you that PINE-Sol will destroy rubber seals. ♂ So, leave that for the outside tasks like sewer connections or other equipment.
Seems a bit simple, but the everything you use should start with the mildest it takes to do the job. Don’t come in strong with concentrated products for the home. RV surfaces can be fragile and unforgiving. Warm/hot water and mild (diluted) Dawn in a spray bottle works magic on most stains…even blinds/shades.
Oddly enough, Newell’s coach prep team loves using window cleaner (non-ammoniated) on everything. Wild but it works.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.