• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Tip Cleaning your RV Air Conditioner coils

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Just got done cleaning the outside of my coach before my departure tomorrow. I really need to find a 10 foot DP! Oye!

Anyhoo, I clean my A/C coils annually and typically just rinse off. Well, this time I used this stuff (below) and what a difference. While it says no need to rinse off I did and suggest you do as there's so much yuck that blows into these A/C's that move at highway speeds unlike residential A/C's. Hope this helps the A/C's do their job as they are going on 6 years of age (knock on wood).

Amazon product ASIN B00DM8KQ3I

I’ve only used my air compressor on the ground and a long hose to the roof. Haven’t had a need to use water or cleaning solutions. Just blow the sand, pine needles or leaves out. Been doing it this way as part of our annual deep cleaning every spring for years.

I was thinking about cleaning my coils and its relatively easy to get to the evaporator coils, but since you can only get to the evaporator coil from the roof, I'm not sure how to get to the condenser coil. My 2017 Ventana has a nice wood covering over the ac and returns vents with no access to the condenser coil.
Any ideas?
Just FYI, the condenser is the outside (rooftop) coil. The evaporator is the inside coil.

I do this almost everyday now. I use the no rinse spray and rinse it anyways. Make sure the tray that guides the water out onto the roof is clear, and spray both coils. If you are using only air it is not doing the job. The spray will foam up brown with dirt. Also, the foam king brand has a top on the can I use to straighten and clean real dirty coils. It is a must rinse type but I keep the lid for cleaning.

I do this almost everyday now. I use the no rinse spray and rinse it anyways. Make sure the tray that guides the water out onto the roof is clear, and spray both coils. If you are using only air it is not doing the job. The spray will foam up brown with dirt. Also, the foam king brand has a top on the can I use to straighten and clean real dirty coils. It is a must rinse type but I keep the lid for cleaning.
Every day?

Not "yours" every day, but someone else's as part of your services I believe is what you mean?

OK, heading to the RV garage to do some work, including cleaning the coils. Heading to AZ/NV in a couple weeks, and figure I need every edge I can get.

My A/C's have performed well this trip, I'd like to think properly cleaning the coils is part of the reason for that. Best of luck on your trip.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back