• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Coachmen Beyond’s

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Are there enough Beyond owners to have some good Q&A discussions? Wife and I just took delivery of a new
22c awd li3. The coach was purchased sight unseen out of state from NIRVC. The dealer did a great job on the PDI (pre delivery inspection) and delivered it 800 miles to my house in Texas. The entire transaction was very smooth & professional from order, closing (all over the phone) to delivery. The only short coming was not getting a good detailed delivery walk through. Coachmen does not have a actual unit operator manual. There are factory installation operators manuals for most of systems but you have to know enough about what you are looking at to know what you are looking at. To our good fortune most everything is working after a lot of trial and error. This li3 lithium power system is incredible. Coupled with the truma furnace/water heater we have survived a few nights In the 20s temp. Have a few questions for later.
Consider yourself lucky. I have a 2021 Beyond with generator. Unfortunately nothing but electrical issues between the solar, AGM batteries, etc. The electrical systems shuts down whenever it decides to due to the battery disconnect relays installed. There are two of them. One is a BIM160 , and the other is a BG160. Their purpose is to not allow one system (solar, generator etc) to overcharge batteries as well as convert power from whatever system to recharge batteries including when vehicle running etc.
Sounds important and it is however the circuits are not reliable and create havoc. A good example is Forest River obviously knows this so they no longer use the BG160 and have replaced it with an entirely new circuit. One would think Forest River would send notifications to customers describing the update system however they haven't. I found out by pressuring them for a solution and the directed me to an authorized repair facility. I live in the road so leaving my RV for repairs wasn't an option. I convinced Forest River to provide me with electrical drawings including the upgrade so I can outsource the parts and repair myself. ( Please note: I have a degree in electronics and know what I'm doing). I was able to source the parts for less than$100 so I assume a repair shop would triple that plus labor. I have one more part that should be delivered tomorrow so I can hopefully not have any more problems..

Welcome to the group Steve. I hope you get this resolved, let us know. It’s good you have the knowledge to make the repair. Serious repair.

Latest resources

Back