Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Coachmen Cross Trail 23xg Garage Hooks?????

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Can anyone share if they have successfully hung 2 bikes on these back garage racks. We have 2 - 45 lb each. E mountain bikes, but are worried that would rip those brackets out, travelling .

Can anyone share if they have successfully hung 2 bikes on these back garage racks. We have 2 - 45 lb each. E mountain bikes, but are worried that would rip those brackets out, travelling .
I'm the person that originally asked about the hooks. Unless your RV is built better than mine you cannot hang anything heavy from the racks. I hung 2 beach chairs on out top rack and the next day it was hanging off the wall. The only screws that hit anything were the middle ones. We tried adding a few extra screws and it still came loose when hanging chairs. After 2 frustrating attempts we removed the rails from the walls, inserted Toggler anchors and extra screws and put the rails back up. So far we haven't had any problems but the heaviest thing we have hanging are traction boards and our power cords. I knew quality control was an issue with RVs but I've been surprised at how many things we have had to fix and ours has already had a factory recall. I think I'm going to reach my cargo weight in added screws alone, lol. We joke that we basically bought a cardboard box with 1000 staples and most of them didn't hit anything. So far we've only taken one trip but spent months repairing things. It's been disappointing!!

I'm the person that originally asked about the hooks. Unless your RV is built better than mine you cannot hang anything heavy from the racks. I hung 2 beach chairs on out top rack and the next day it was hanging off the wall. The only screws that hit anything were the middle ones. We tried adding a few extra screws and it still came loose when hanging chairs. After 2 frustrating attempts we removed the rails from the walls, inserted Toggler anchors and extra screws and put the rails back up. So far we haven't had any problems but the heaviest thing we have hanging are traction boards and our power cords. I knew quality control was an issue with RVs but I've been surprised at how many things we have had to fix and ours has already had a factory recall. I think I'm going to reach my cargo weight in added screws alone, lol. We joke that we basically bought a cardboard box with 1000 staples and most of them didn't hit anything. So far we've only taken one trip but spent months repairing things. It's been disappointing!!

I forgot to mention to be careful adding screws to the left side of the rails. the shower is on the other side and we accidentally drilled through the shower once trying to find a stud. I hope you have better luck than we have had!!

We did successfully add storage access to the RV and a Lagun table. Thought I might give you some ideas.

Attachments

• thumbnail_66648694971__A828841D-0A46-4F38-9EAA-4F561271EB29.jpg
    thumbnail_66648694971__A828841D-0A46-4F38-9EAA-4F561271EB29.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 49
  • thumbnail_66857305510__33788C09-CAA5-4119-9AF0-F38746390858.jpg
    thumbnail_66857305510__33788C09-CAA5-4119-9AF0-F38746390858.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 47
  • thumbnail_IMG_0358.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0358.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 48
Thanks for sharing your experience. We were hoping to store our bikes inside the rv, thought this rv would suit our needs, but perhaps not !

You may be able to reinforce the wall and use it for the bikes. Keep in mind this will add some weight to the trailer. I’m sure it can be done. Most of use are frustrated with the junk that has hit the market. We are waiting on Coachman to set a time for us to get our MH to the factory for some repair. Hopefully soon.

You may be able to reinforce the wall and use it for the bikes. Keep in mind this will add some weight to the trailer. I’m sure it can be done. Most of use are frustrated with the junk that has hit the market. We are waiting on Coachman to set a time for us to get our MH to the factory for some re

You may be able to reinforce the wall and use it for the bikes. Keep in mind this will add some weight to the trailer. I’m sure it can be done. Most of use are frustrated with the junk that has hit the market. We are waiting on Coachman to set a time for us to get our MH to the factory for some repair. Hopefully soon.
I noticed that you live in Dallas Ga. I live in Pine Mountain. Can you tell me which Coachmen Dealer you take your RV to. I bought my RV in Iowa and nobody can tell me where to take it for repairs. We had a recall on the power steering line and had the hardest time finding a Ford dealer that will service an RV. They can't do repairs if the RV has to be lifted. I thought since it was built on a Ford chassis most Ford dealers would work on it. Like everything else it isn't that easy, lol. Hope you get yours fixed soon!

We need to get the E450 recall addresses as well. I have a friend that works at a ford dealer and he took care of the first recall. Something about insulation on the engine cover. Last year I had a check engine light on and it turned out the be a wiring harness fell against the belt and burned wires. My buddy was able to do but the dealership doesn’t usually take motorhomes. I may call on him again. Wade Ford in Smyrna GA. Is supposed to have a new truck center, I plan to try them soon. We are heading to the Coachman plant in August to have some items addressed. After that I will address the recall. This has been rough so far, hopefully we will be at a better place soon. You can call Ford but the info they give is not always accurate. Good luck.

My friend works at Auto Nation Ford in Marietta. It may be worth a call to service to see if they can do the repair.

My friend works at Auto Nation Ford in Marietta. It may be worth a call to service to see if they can do the repair.
Where is the nearest Coachmen Plant? We have several items that need to be repaired and I'm sure we'll have issues in the future. Hope we all can eventually get to the fun part of RVing but with gas prices so high I won't be going far, lol.

Latest resources

Back