Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Pak713

RVF Newbee
Hey all, new to the forum. Hopefully I’m posting this in the right place. Anyway last year I replaced my slide seals on my coachman tt. I used 3m weatherstripping adhesive to glue them on. I cleaned and prepped the aluminum trim pieces using a wire wheel, grease and wax remover then a final wipe down with alcohol.

Anyway fast forward to today, I stopped and checked on the camper in storage. The slide is closed obviously but the seals have came completely un glued from the aluminum. Honestly when I did the seals I noticed this adhesive isn’t very good. It’s not a strong adhesive. I tried spray on 3m adhesive as well but that doesn’t work either. This spring I’m going to have to re do them and thought about trying 3m adhesive tape. But I’m not sure how that’s going to work with rubber. It should stick no problem on the aluminum. I’m looking to see whatcha all may have used in the past. As like everything else right now, these seals weren’t cheap and it took about a month to get them and only was able to get them from one place. It’s a p style wiper seal. I have used super glue in the past on just trying to re adhere one spot here or there before I changed the seals. I thought about trying construction adhesive or gorilla glue as well as 3m tape. Thanks for your help in advance.

Latest resources

Back