Coffee in the coach

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
1659044493992.jpeg

We use a four cup Farberware that must be 30 years old. Doesn’t take up a lot of space and is super fast. Unfortunately, if you want to buy a new one of these, the reviews on Amazon (for instance) the quality os not as good.

Wife bought herself a $40 Black and Decker drip coffee maker. Much better than the $30 crap (can't remember the brand) she got from Walmart originally that wouldn't let the water drain through the filter when you put grounds in it.

My coffee of choice is drip coffee. I use a Hario V60 ceramic dripper at home. I see that Hario makes a plastic one. I might have to get one of those for camping as the shape produces better coffee than a #2 filter dripper.

My favorite blend for this purpose is Mokka Java from a local roaster (Ozo Coffee in Boulder).

Now to figure out grinding. I’m sure my wife would balk at bringing my Baratza Encore for use in the trailer…

The other option I recent discovered is cold brew coffee. I got a Rumble Jar recently after months of seeing their ads on Facebook. It actually makes decent coffee and isn’t messy. I got the version that fits in a one liter Nalgene bottle (which I’m sure most of you have an extra one).

Rumble Jar

Latest resources

Back