• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Coffee in the coach

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
My keurig stays put. I too push it towards the back wall. It has rubber feet so that seems to be enough.

Uh, I have a 1-cup Keurig that matches my decor, 😄. I'm the only coffee drinker. We stop at local coffee shops occasionally and I get a plain latte.

Coffee lovers, how do you make your coffee in your coach? I personally have been using a Keurig but I'm getting tired of it and the crap pods. I bought a french press recently but it's too small, need to wait until I get to a place I can get my Amazon fix again and get a bigger one. So now I'm using the Keurig pod thing that allows you to put your own ground coffee in it and that seems to be much better than the prefab pods. Using a variety of Starbucks ground coffees (got a 3 pack from Amazon with breakfast, house, pikes peak) and then bought Veranda (blonde) later.

What are your coffee tips for camping coffee?
While we only have a travel trailer, we do use a nice stainless steel 12 cup percolator. We grind our own beans, load the basket, add water to the pot, and on the stove it goes to perk. The aroma is marvelous and the coffee even better.

I know this is an old thread, but curious how you secure the coffee machine on the counter while moving. I'm afraid of things going airborne on me while trying not to lose an axle in the potholes.
Initially Dycem
This worked well for several counter items. Now for added stability, I velcroed it ti the counter. Mine is theKeurig.

One can also use museum putty. The Velcro is my favorite. I use the 15 lb variety.

My wife puts glass things like coffee pot and microwave plate on the bed while we drive. Anything in the cupboards and counter are set on those rubber liners. There are several types and can be cut to size. Some of the things in the cupboards get something simple like a paper towel put in between. Remember, there is no way to eliminate all the rattles, just keeping most of them handled is the key.
Ken

We use a 1 cup Keurig. Find the Keurig 1 cup to be most convenient for us. It's small and stays in place and since my wife drinks decaf and I drink regular we don't have to brew 2 different pots.

I bought a new Keurig mini (slim, narrow...?) on our last trip and really enjoyed the convenience and ease of stroage. I kept the drip machine but stored it away. Eventually Ill probably jettison it with the crock pot and a few other rarely used kitchen things. Ive tried a lot of brands, blends, flavors etc, and Starbucks Sumatra is my fave, brewed strong.

We have an electric kettle for a variety of hot water needs. I have a burr grinder and a 50 oz french press. I'm the only one that drinks coffee so the french press makes the right amount of coffee. The grinder is permanently kept behind the kitchen faucet, so it's not in the way. We store the kettle and french press when we travel.

1645054972347.png

1645055005394.png

That's the burr grinder that I have. I typically turn the grinder dial to between 3.5 and 4. I let the coffee marinate (or whatever the right word is) for 9 minutes.

Latest resources

Back