RV Model
Dutch Star 3858
RV Length
38 ft
TOW/TOAD
None
Fulltimer
No
So, I have been thrust into living in my 2000 Dutch Star full time.
It's ok, besides the Damned low ceiling height on the slide out. Nearly knock myself out daily.
It's now 17 degrees. Coid air from the windsheild is murder. I bought some drapes and put them up to shut off the drivers area. It helps alot, but still getting cold air in. No leaks, just cold passing through the glass.
What can be done to help this?

2nd question.
I have a 30 lb propane tank.
How long shouls I be able to run the furnace and water heater off a tank in weather like this?
I do not have access to 50 amp service, so heat pump is not a option, unless I run my generator full time.

Thanks for the help.

I use the bubble wrap insulation and cut it to fit. If one layer isn't enough use 2. I also cut to fit on the driver and passenger windows. Works pretty good but it does block out all light.

As far as propane, it does go fast when using the furnace in my coach.

30 lb tank won't last long at 17 degrees. Doesn't matter that you are not connected to 50 amp as your HPs will not operate at 17F.

At that temperature, you will use a lot of diesel or a lot of propane. You could make a sandwich of 2 sheets of Reflectix with corrugated cardboard in between. The air space in between the sheets of Reflectix improved the insulation.

After insulating as mentioned above, you may want to get a portable electric oil heater. Works great in ours that the propane heater seldom comes on in 28 deg weather. Pretty efficient too.

Attachments

• IMG_0710.jpeg
    IMG_0710.jpeg
    713.7 KB · Views: 3

Latest resources

Back