• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Cold Weather Advice

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
With Diesel Burner ON and/or Electric Burners (AC I/II) and Furnace on the thermostat you should be fine. I think the wet bay heater is automatic and is not associated to the thermostat at all but it does need a heat source from OASIS being Diesel or Electric burners.

Yes this is correct, but you also need the furnace thermostat set above freezing, I'm pretty sure there is not a automatic thermostat in the wet bay. I'm not sure if there is even dedicated heat ducts in the wet bay or basement.

I don't think I can simply turn the Oasis burners on, correct? I don't want to turn the Oasis burner on for the hot water since I have drained the water out of the coach for the 20-degree projected temps tonight. I am hoping setting the thermostat to furnace for zones 1 & 2, I have engaged the Oasis System which will also heat the wet bay?

Peek into your wet bay above the fresh tank, high up there, you'll see a heater. OASIS needs to be on one way or the other to make heat, water has nothing to do with this. No need to drain tanks but if you're going to winterize then go all the way.

Thanks, I will grab a flashlight and check it out. Thanks again

You can run Oasis with the water system drained. Oasis is a closed-loop system that heats a special boiler fluid, not the water directly. There is no interconnection. When heating water or the coach, an indirect heat transfer occurs from the closed loop boiler fluid system. Our coach has had the Oasis system running for the last two weeks during a cold weather spell; with the water system drained. No harm done.

TJ

I don't think I can simply turn the Oasis burners on, correct? I don't want to turn the Oasis burner on for the hot water since I have drained the water out of the coach for the 20-degree projected temps tonight. I am hoping setting the thermostat to furnace for zones 1 & 2, I have engaged the Oasis System which will also heat the wet bay?

It does not matter if you drained the plumbing water out. The Oasis system is a closed loop, boiler type heater that heats the hot water furnace (with anti-freeze) and also is your instant, on demand, domestic hot water heater with no tank to winterize. Hope this helps, the Oasis is a great system, but very confusing if you have never had one.

Yes what Jim said ^^^^^ you beat me to it!

Ok, I turned the Oasis burner on and the thermostat is set to 50-degrees. In response to Neal, I did see a little heat exchanger in the wet bay. See the attached picture. I don't see a way to turn it on manually, hopefully it is heated by the Oasis fluid running through it? IMG_20200119_203658.jpg

That's interesting, our Dutchstar wet bay is totally enclosed on the top side.

So is ours, I had to peek up/under the panel where all the controls and are mounted. Never noticed this little exchanger mounted there.

Latest resources

Back