Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
400hp
TOW/TOAD
2007 CR-V
Fulltimer
No
On our current trip with the recent cold weather, I noticed condensation building up on inside of the outer pane of the shower dome. After looking for a moment, I realized that was a bad place for moisture to be. So I took down the inner pane and realized that the seal between the inner frame and inner clear panel was no longer any good. This was allowing steam from the shower to get past the inner dome and get trapped between the panes.

Apparently they only put that on with double-sided tape and it had no longer much "stick" to it any longer. So I dried the condensation off and let it dry out for the day. I re-applied double sided tape and I also ran a bead of caulk along the edge of it for good measure.

Just thought I would pass this along as it was not something I would have thought I needed to check.

Pic with new double sided tape
IMG_5923.JPG

Rich

I just put replaced the tinted dome on the top side the second time. First one hit with hail. Second one crazed and looked terrible. #3 is perfect. Not fun but same maintenance area. So far bottom side is good but will monitor from what you found.

One more thing to check. Its nice getting reports like this from other owners of Ventanas of similar age.

Latest resources

Back