Welcome to RVForums.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

New owner of a 2023 Bay Star 3408 with LOTS of questions!

Welcome to our community

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

cayuga

RVF Regular
Joined
Jun 25, 2026
Messages
8
Hi,

We just purchased a 2023 Bay Star 3408 from a private seller and drove it 2187 miles home (SLC Utah -> Central NYS). I have lots of questions and are putting them all in one post - please let me know if that is not proper etiquette.

While this may just seem like a list of complaints, I should state up front that we love our new coach and are very excited to make it even more perfect!
  • The full wall slideout worked fine in Utah, but when we stopped, trying to open it made slight noise/attempt and then nothing. Simple fix? What should I look at first?
  • The passenger side camera stopped working shortly after hitting the road. Loose connection? Bad camera?
  • The bathroom sink has a crack/chip (just a cosmetic problem) - see picture. Do you have any advice on whether/how to attempt a repair?
    1791215562660.png
  • Any suggestions on where to buy a tablet holder that fits in the "socket dock" on the passenger seat?
    1791216861101.png
  • I'll need to add USB ports up front. My previous coach wasn't very well made and it was easy to get under the dash, find 12V and install 4 USB ports. Suggestions on the best way to do that in the Bay Star?
  • In my last coach I installed a dedicated camera monitor so I could use Android Auto and have a rear view camera simultaneously. Has anyone done something similar in a Bay Star? Perhaps added one of those wireless rear cameras? Anything else?
  • TPMS - any suggestions on 3rd party TPMS? Was it worth it?
  • Directionals - it "dings" some of the time, but I can't figure out when. Can I turn that "dinging" off? Can I set it to not mute the radio when I use the directionals?
  • Xantrex inverter - So far I've found that it powers the two TV's and the rear outlet under the TV? Does it power any other outlets? If not, has anyone added (or rewired) an outlet in the dinette that works off of the inverter? I would also like to power the outlets/USB ports by the bed, if possible.
  • The ice maker works, but makes ice VERY slowly (even with the "Max Ice" fan on) are there any tricks to get it to make ice faster?
  • 415 locks. I plan to replace the standard 415 cylinders with unique "keyed alike" cylinders - any recommendations of which ones to use or avoid?
  • Toilet - is it possible to adjust the pedal so that we can add water to the bowl without opening the "ball"?
If you have any other suggestions for how to make this coach even better, please let me know!

Thanks!!!
Jeff
 

Latest resources

Back
Top Bottom